Did anyone else just drop connection to IQFeed?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
joebone

Did anyone else just drop connection to IQFeed?

Postby joebone » 17 Feb 2021

Hello,

simple question. Just curious if anyone dropped IQFeed just now. approximately 10:20 ish.

My IQFeed pluggin was still active. I didnt have time to check the IQFeed time and sales to make sure it wasn't on the IQFeed side. I just restarted MC and IQFeed manager app ... seems to have fixed it.

Anyone else just experience this?

Salzburg

Re: Did anyone else just drop connection to IQFeed?

Postby Salzburg » 17 Feb 2021

Yes during this week i have had multiple drops, and reconnections, something not as it should it seems from IQ.
Cheers

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 18 Feb 2021

from IQ techsupport..
We are experiencing intermittent internet issues that is causing IQFeed random disconnects from our servers.
The IT team is working on this as we speak and I will keep you updated.

Thank you for you time and patience
(As a customer one could perhaps have preferred that known issues like this would be communicated out to all users from IQ dtn, so users can be aware of the known issue... in the same way a software provider could make sure to notify all users of known issues/bugs)

joebone

Postby joebone » 18 Feb 2021

from IQ techsupport..
We are experiencing intermittent internet issues that is causing IQFeed random disconnects from our servers.
The IT team is working on this as we speak and I will keep you updated.

Thank you for you time and patience
(As a customer one could perhaps have preferred that known issues like this would be communicated out to all users from IQ dtn, so users can be aware of the known issue... in the same way a software provider could make sure to notify all users of known issues/bugs)
Thank you for sharing

Excellent!!! I was on customer service with them yesterday and they did not mention this! I am just happy its not on my end. Hope they hammer that out soon. If you see an update please share.

Salzburg

Re: Did anyone else just drop connection to IQFeed?  [SOLVED]

Postby Salzburg » 24 Feb 2021

Latest update, and no issues on my end either with IQ, stable as a rock again...

From this monday report from IQ

"I hope you had a great weekend.

This email is to inform you that no issues were found during the previous week, so you should not experience anything on your end.
Please, let me know if you need any further assistance and feel free to reach us back at anytime, we are here to help.

Have a wonderful day,

Kind regards / Cordialement / Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jose Ribeiro | DTN | Customer Service Representative
Email: jose.ribeiro@dtn.com | Site: www.dtn.com
DTN ProphetX | +1 855 493 0260 option 1 | ProphetX@dtn.com
DTN IQFeed | +1 402 255 8787 or +1 800 779 7299 | support@iqfeed.net

joebone

Postby joebone » 18 Mar 2021

I just droped last night again?

Anyone else still droping IQFeed connection occasionally?

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 20 Mar 2021

Hi Joebone,

No issues at any point with data from IQ, either data drops, or reconnection attempts.
I am however still running MC 12 for live trading server, since its impossible to understand if MC14 has known bugs that causes crashes and data drops.

Are you running MC14 ?

joebone

Postby joebone » 22 Mar 2021

yeah I am running 12 as well. All 3 of my data drops have come in the last 2 months and on 12.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 22 Mar 2021

Since switching to MC12, a few weeks ago, I haven't had any data dropouts.(IQfeed).
Make sure it's not an internet issue. (Also, we are now in the June ES contract.)

joebone

Since switching to MC12, a few weeks ago, I haven't had any data dropouts.(IQfeed).
Make sure it's not an internet issue. (Also, we are now in the June ES contract.)
Yeah I rolled forward a while ago. IQFeed has been solid for me for a while. I need to research a way I can be notified as soon as it goes out. It is very rare but if it was to happen while I wasn't paying attention it could be a serious problem.

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 22 Mar 2021

I have pushed IQ to implement a warning by email if IQ application loses connection to its servers, i believe the more people asking for this the quicker it happens... they are positive to implement it if enough people request it...

joebone

I have pushed IQ to implement a warning by email if IQ application loses connection to its servers, i believe the more people asking for this the quicker it happens... they are positive to implement it if enough people request it...
MC could do this on their end as well if IQ wont do it. This would be great if I could get a call or email or text message. Anything to give me an instant warning. It would allow me to leave the PC alone for longer without having to constantly check and monitor.

Having a lot of resting limit orders and losing connection could be very bad.

Also a feature to be able to run from 2 different data sources would be nice. Like IB and IQFeed. or IQFeed and TS. Or really any multiple sources as a backup. Actually, I guess you could do this at least theoretically already. Using an additional source data series 2 or something?

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 22 Mar 2021

Joebone, now you are speaking Nirvana :), being able to have two datasources and use one as failover, and then ad to that, a proper failsafe warning system for systems, processes and datasources, well, this would make any person in here to feel like a kid on Christmas morning :)

(however not sure that MC are able to warn if IQ app loses connection to IQ servers?)

But i would not bet on that we would get any understanding of the importance of these things, so meanwhile, drop an email to IQ, and ask for a warning email service, i think thats our best bet...

joebone

Postby joebone » 23 Mar 2021

Dropped IQFeed again at 5 AM this morning...... The client hung in the reconnect

When I talked to IQ support and mentioned the text or email warning signal he said IQFeed development is entirely focused on two things.

(1) Server move to Chicago Cloud Servers by June or July
(2) New IQ Client with MBO in it

So it looks like the warning text isn't coming any time soon. He said I should do a clean install to try and avoid having this problem happen but had no specific suggestions.

damn...

After looking here on this forum I am starting to believe that this problem might be something specific to me. As most people here are not chiming in with shared concern. Maybe a clean install is the way to go.

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 23 Mar 2021

Joebone, my IQ application has been good overnight, no reconnection attempts or loss of connections.
Download WinMtr and run it the whole day and nigh to their IPs, and check if you have any losses during the time when you see connection loss.
So you can rule out issues.

You can try the other IP to them? perhaps the one you are using is not optimal for your location. Check with their tech team for IP options.

I run my trading servers from US datacenter in Chicago, where is your server located ?

Cheers

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 24 Mar 2021

Dropped IQFeed again at 5 AM this morning...... The client hung in the reconnect

When I talked to IQ support and mentioned the text or email warning signal he said IQFeed development is entirely focused on two things.

(1) Server move to Chicago Cloud Servers by June or July
(2) New IQ Client with MBO in it

So it looks like the warning text isn't coming any time soon. He said I should do a clean install to try and avoid having this problem happen but had no specific suggestions.

damn...

After looking here on this forum I am starting to believe that this problem might be something specific to me. As most people here are not chiming in with shared concern. Maybe a clean install is the way to go.

I too have had a couple of disconnects of late and received the same communication re relocation of servers. Joebone: can you give me the timezone that your 5am drop relates too please? Then I can check my logs for a similar drop.

joebone

Postby joebone » 24 Mar 2021

I too have had a couple of disconnects of late and received the same communication re relocation of servers. Joebone: can you give me the timezone that your 5am drop relates too please? Then I can check my logs for a similar drop.
Eastern

joebone

Postby joebone » 24 Mar 2021

Joebone, my IQ application has been good overnight, no reconnection attempts or loss of connections.
Download WinMtr and run it the whole day and nigh to their IPs, and check if you have any losses during the time when you see connection loss.
So you can rule out issues.

You can try the other IP to them? perhaps the one you are using is not optimal for your location. Check with their tech team for IP options.

I run my trading servers from US datacenter in Chicago, where is your server located ?

Cheers
I run from a gig speed local service at my house in South East US.

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 26 Mar 2021

I just had 2 reconnection attempts and one reconnect from yesterday to now, cant say exactly when it occurred.

joebone

Postby joebone » 26 Mar 2021

I just had 2 reconnection attempts and one reconnect from yesterday to now, cant say exactly when it occurred.
maybe we should look at the DTN forum as well

Edit... they are mostly dead

Return to “MultiCharts”