Access Strategy Orders Monitor programmatically

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
teamrt

Access Strategy Orders Monitor programmatically

Postby teamrt » 09 Mar 2021

Hello, I tried to search in the various threads but I could not find anything about it.

I would like to be able to consult the "strategy orders monitor" programmatically. I saw that there is an "Exporting orders in CSV" option to export the data to a csv file. I wanted to know if it was possible to do this through a script in powerlanguage or in some other programming language ((I don't have a multicharts.net license, so I would have to write an external program).

Alternatively, it would also be good to know where the information that is shown in the monitor is saved, and then directly query the file on which it is saved.

Can you kindly help me? Thanks a lot in advance

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Access Strategy Orders Monitor programmatically

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 11 Mar 2021

Hello,

Could you please describe what you are trying to achieve in more detail?

teamrt

Postby teamrt » 12 Mar 2021

Hello Kate and thanks for the reply.

What I need is to have a view of the orders (such as limit orders or stop orders) entered by the strategies. From the chart I have no way to verify these parameters while from the order monitor all the orders that are sent by the strategies are displayed.

The csv export functionality is perfect but can only be used if "launched by hand". If it were possible to have this export functionality automatically (via script in powerlanguage) or by directly reading the file in which this information is saved, it would be perfect.

Thanks

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 16 Mar 2021

@Teamrt,

it should be perfect if in SOM we will have PNL for exit orders ....

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 25 Mar 2021

Hello Kate and thanks for the reply.

What I need is to have a view of the orders (such as limit orders or stop orders) entered by the strategies. From the chart I have no way to verify these parameters while from the order monitor all the orders that are sent by the strategies are displayed.

The csv export functionality is perfect but can only be used if "launched by hand". If it were possible to have this export functionality automatically (via script in powerlanguage) or by directly reading the file in which this information is saved, it would be perfect.

Thanks
Hello,

Strategy Orders Monitor can be opened and viewed simultaneously with your chart.

Could you be more specific about the purpose of what you are asking? It would be very helpful for us to understand what you are trying to achieve, how would you use this functionality?

teamrt

Postby teamrt » 29 Mar 2021

Hello Kate,
thank you for the reply.

The idea is to be able to consult the monitor to get all the information relating to the orders that are generated by the various strategies, automatically.

Let me give you an example: I have some strategies that make use of stoploss and takeprofit by placing stop or limit orders. These price levels cannot be seen on the chart until they are "hit". Inside the monitor, however, these orders are visible. Then if there was a way to automatically export this information it would be perfect.

Let me know, thanks a lot

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 31 Mar 2021

Hello Kate,
thank you for the reply.

The idea is to be able to consult the monitor to get all the information relating to the orders that are generated by the various strategies, automatically.

Let me give you an example: I have some strategies that make use of stoploss and takeprofit by placing stop or limit orders. These price levels cannot be seen on the chart until they are "hit". Inside the monitor, however, these orders are visible. Then if there was a way to automatically export this information it would be perfect.

Let me know, thanks a lot
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification!

We are planning to implement such functionality in one of the future releases of MultiCharts .NET in C#.

Return to “MultiCharts”