Flex Renko

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
syswizard

Flex Renko

Postby syswizard » 13 Apr 2021

I am making an inquiry regarding this charting option and wondering what everyone's experience has been ?
And please, especially TJ, do not send me a link to the wiki page that has Flex Renko outlined and explained.
I just want to know if it's reliable and has no performance issues.

TJ

Re: Flex Renko

Postby TJ » 13 Apr 2021

I am making an inquiry regarding this charting option and wondering what everyone's experience has been ?
And please, especially TJ, do not send me a link to the wiki page that has Flex Renko outlined and explained.
I just want to know if it's reliable and has no performance issues.
There is only one reason you named me in your question, you have read my previous answer.

bomberone1

Postby bomberone1 » 13 Apr 2021

HI,
I have cretaed chart and make study with: Renko, Flex Renko and Costant Range Bar.
In the end I chose Costant range bar

AdrianP

Postby AdrianP » 14 Apr 2021

@syswizard

All my main workspaces use flexrenko bars. I have worked with them for years, and extensively. MC is extremely good in implementing them, although they aren't perfect. I have found that there are serious issues if using multiple data streams in the one chart, and trying to reference data2, as they don't align correctly in REAL TIME. This isn't an issue with tick charts, and don't know about range charts correcting aligning.

Not sure what you mean though by reliable and performance? If simply plotting a single data stream, then they work perfectly. If your plot size is very small, then you will of course find that when markets are moving, that bars come through in chunks. If you see that happen more than occasionally, then you are using too small a bar size.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 14 Apr 2021

Thanks for that AdtianP. That's the kind of information I was looking for.

Return to “MultiCharts”