How to stop MC pulling data for specific instrument?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Airke07

How to stop MC pulling data for specific instrument?

Postby Airke07 » 27 Apr 2021

Hello,

Forgetting that I don't have subscription to CL I have added it to MC. Realizing that I have deleted CL from Quote Manager, deleted chart as well. However, my platform keeps on trying to pull data for CL and I get hundreds of these annoying messages. I did restart my Gateway and MC but problem persists. Please advise how can I fix this small but very annoying issue? Thank you so much!
Cl error.PNG
(1.35 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Tammy MultiCharts

Re: How to stop MC pulling data for specific instrument?

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 27 Apr 2021

Hello Airke07,

Please make sure the symbol is not used anywhere in MultiCharts. Double-check the charts, Scanner windows, Symbol Mapping (File > Broker Profiles > Symbol Mapping). Please also check if the symbol is not connected for Collect RT data w/o plotting in Quote Manager.

If the symbol is not used anywhere and the message keeps popping up, you'll need to clear the cash for it:
1) Go to Main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Support -> Open Logs folder.
2) Close all MultiCharts components.
3) Delete DAT files staring with IB in the Logs folder (see step 1).
4) Reopen MultiCharts.

Airke07

Re: How to stop MC pulling data for specific instrument?  [SOLVED]

Postby Airke07 » 27 Apr 2021

Hello Airke07,

Please make sure the symbol is not used anywhere in MultiCharts. Double-check the charts, Scanner windows, Symbol Mapping (File > Broker Profiles > Symbol Mapping). Please also check if the symbol is not connected for Collect RT data w/o plotting in Quote Manager.

If the symbol is not used anywhere and the message keeps popping up, you'll need to clear the cash for it:
1) Go to Main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Support -> Open Logs folder.
2) Close all MultiCharts components.
3) Delete DAT files staring with IB in the Logs folder (see step 1).
4) Reopen MultiCharts.
Hi Tammy,

I was able to solve the issue by clearing the cash. Thank you so much for your support!

Return to “MultiCharts”