MC Portfolio, auto-trade, end of day, swing trade, IB MARKET ORDERS REJECTED !

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
quantum777

MC Portfolio, auto-trade, end of day, swing trade, IB MARKET ORDERS REJECTED !

Postby quantum777 » 04 May 2021

The IB menu recording says slow response because of high market volatility YET the market shows low volatility.
I am still trying to get the API tech support to help me on why are my market orders on GLL, TWM, DUST, TZA, DRIP which were rejected.
I rarely have problems with my TDA/TOS account tech support. This is getting really frustrating!
MC Portfolio MARKET ORDERS rejected 20210504.jpg
(500.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: MC Portfolio, auto-trade, end of day, swing trade, IB MARKET ORDERS REJECTED !

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 18 May 2021

Hello,

Do you see any errors in the Order and Position Tracker -> Logs tab?
If IB rejects the orders due to the issues on their end, this is beyond MultiCharts support and should be addressed to IB directly.

quantum777

Re: MC Portfolio, auto-trade, end of day, swing trade, IB MARKET ORDERS REJECTED !

Postby quantum777 » 18 May 2021

at the market order error in MC shows in log:

Order rejected - reason:Invalid effective time

rrams

Postby rrams » 24 May 2021

Hello quantum777,
Unless you are extremely unlucky, there are other people who have experienced the same problem and are just afraid to ask. So please take the time and effort to collect enough information to properly identify and catagorize the issue for the benefit of everyone. That is the hard part. The solution might be trivial. I know you just want it to work properly, but asking MC support staff the correct question is key.
One thing I have found useful is to run my same IB strategies in realtime on the free demo account of another broker like Oanda. Even if one is futures and one is forex, it helps determine runtime problems that are broker independent. So if you came up with a log file from them like this:
MC-Oanda-error.png
Oanda order reject
(113.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
What do you notice that is similiar?
1. Orders with time-in-force of DAY were used.
2. The orders were rejected due to a stale timestamp.
3. This happened twenty minutes before session close,
4. to instruments that experienced low trades or slow quote updates.
Some questions you might want to ask: Does MC automatically refresh the timestamp on a standing DAY order near or after the session close even if the quotes aren't flowing? Would using ReCalcLastBarAfter() in a signal mitigate timestamp problems that occur in slow quote update scenarios? Maybe these questions are not relevent for your situation but you need to come up with some that are.

Return to “MultiCharts”