MC sent a unnecessary entry after overnight?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
traderaaa

MC sent a unnecessary entry after overnight?

Postby traderaaa » 06 May 2021

Hi all friends,

This is my first time trading overnight, testing on real trading,
I found MC sent an unnecessary (I think this is because of my ignorance, but why?)

Here is the case:
There is a next bar stop-loss into the strategy, and the stop-loss correctly was not triggered on 5 of May, but problems found on the next day.

On 6 of May morning:
2021-05-05 17:15 exit / stop / sell@27868 : saved ( last night stop-loss, this is correct, and MC saved it for me)
2021-05-06 08:18 entry / stop / sell@27868: sent ( problem here, I have no sellshort strategy)
2021-05-06 0914 exit / stop / sell@27868: sent (My strategy's exit, this is correct)
* The markets opens at 09:14*
*1 contract only*
*long only*

I think MC sent a sell entry before the market opens is reasonable,
however,
the "sell entry" keeps sent and not canceled the whole day after the strategy stop-exit is placed.

For instance, if the stop-loss was triggered, is it imply -2 (one sell and one sellshort) in total?
This makes me feel scared, I have no sellshort order in the strategy and no stop-loss for it.

thanks to all friends and veterans.
screen capture and code as following:

Code: Select all

//Long only overnight MHI //1 min chart //start using on 2021-05-03 //condition condition1 = time > 0918 and time < 1530; //entry if condition1 and condition2 and condition3 and condition4 then buy ("b1") 1 contract next bar highestfc(high,250) stop; //exit //stoploss if marketposition>0 then begin sell("sL1") next bar entryprice - 500 stop; end; //stopgain value1 = maxpositionprofit/bigpointvalue; if marketposition > 0 and maxpositionprofit>= 4000 then begin sell ("sG1") next bar entryprice + (value1 - value1*0.1) stop; end; //final exit if dayofmonth(date) >=26 then sell ("fs") next bar market; //STRATEGY END
Attachments
mc question2.jpg
(598.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Kate MultiCharts

Re: MC sent a unnecessary entry after overnight?

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 17 May 2021

Hello traderaaa,

Please send us the following files so that we could analyze the issue on our end
1. The workspace where the issue is reproduced.
2. The full exported script with all dependent functions that are used on the workspace
3. MultiCharts Logs, collected via Feedback application, when the issue is reproduced
4. Order ID numbers of the problem orders

As soon as we receive the requested files, the engineers will study the case and we will get in touch with you when we have any feedback from them.

Return to “MultiCharts”