Binance Spot- Looking for a solution to get the Contracts Ratio from Script

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Marting

Binance Spot- Looking for a solution to get the Contracts Ratio from Script

Postby Marting » 07 May 2021

First of all, congrats to the MC team for offering this new connection/ technology!

Unfortunately, the Contracts Ratio is necessary to calculate the position size of a strategy. I have been reading, on the link below, that the solution is to use the BigPointValue:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52991&p=137063&hili ... io#p137063

However, if I use the BigPointValue method on some Cryptos (For example XRPEUR or LTCEUR) I don’t retrieve the Contracts Ratio. The values doesn't match the Contracts Ratio. This is shown in the screenshot attached.

Is there any alternative to getting this value from the Script to calculate the position size?

Thanks.
Attachments
ERROR RATIO.gif
(88.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Marting

Re: Binance Spot- Looking for a solution to get the Contracts Ratio from Script

Postby Marting » 17 May 2021

Hi all,

A quick update:

On the Symbol settings, in order to get the BigPointValue correctly, I have tried to use the Exchange settings instead of User settings (as it can be seen on the attached screenshot) . But unfortunately the Big Point Value provided by the Exchange it does not match either the Contracts Ratio.

Any idea about how to solve this?

Thanks!
Attachments
bigpoint value.gif
(161.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 17 May 2021

Hello Marting,

Please try to re-add the instrument from the data source as described in this guide.

In case Binance changes the contracts ratio after you added the instrument to MultiCharts, its Big Point Value stays the same until you change it manually. In this case, the BPV and Contracts Ration will differ.

We plan to improve this behavior when Binance changes the Big Point Value settings on their end so that the new value was picked up by MultiCharts when Binance changes it on their end.

Marting

Postby Marting » 18 May 2021

Thank you very much Vlada,

It is nice to know this. I have updated the symbols and the VBP now matches the Contracts Ratio.

As a workaround, I will re-add Binance symbols frequently to avoid diffs between the BPV and the Contracts Ratio. It is great to know that this behaviour will be improved in MC. Thank you!

fringe

Postby fringe » 23 Sep 2021

Hello Vlada. Is there any news on automatically detecting the Big Point Value, when Binance changes them? Thanks for the reply.

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 06 Oct 2021

Hello,

The Engineering Team is considering the possibilities of implementing this change. Unfortunately, there is no ETA yet.
We post the list of improvements in our Trader's Blog, you can check it to learn when this functionality is implemented.

Return to “MultiCharts”