Cannot export Perf report to either Excel or OpenOffice

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jval

Cannot export Perf report to either Excel or OpenOffice

Postby jval » 12 May 2021

Windows 10; MC 14 build 21357; Excel 2019; OpenOffice 4.1.10:

I can't export strategy performance report to Excel -> getting stuck in "Starting Excel application" (even for smaller, filtered report). So I installed OpenOffice but getting "Starting Calc application....; Failed to Save; All Done". Saving XML works fine (but I am not getting what I need). Anybody has the same issue.? I am using a standard, fresh Win. I tried to disable defender/antivirus, but no help (saving XML works after all).

Thanks for any help! Desperately need to extract trades' list from the strategy.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Cannot export Perf report to either Excel or OpenOffice

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 17 May 2021

Hello jval,

Most likely the issue is with Excel. We would recommend to try the following solutions.
1. Reinstall Excel.
2. Go to Excel -> [ALT + F11] -> Microsoft Visual Basic Editor -> Tools -> References. Check that references are configured as shown below.
excel references.png
(56.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
3. Contact Microsoft Office support.

jval

Postby jval » 27 May 2021

Thanks MC. I've done many experiments and checked all what you recommended but no luck. My issue is only happening when running MC on Win10 on Parallels (Mac VM) so there must be some dependency when using the external applications to export data. CSV export works fine. ..... any chance of MultiCharts for Mac? :-)))

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 29 Jul 2021

jval,

We can give the recommendation to try launching MultiCharts and all its components as administrator.
We do not guarantee MultiCharts will work correctly on Parallels because of restrictions that can appear when you use this method. MultiCharts is a Windows app, so we run the tests on Windows only.

At the moment we don't have plans for introducing MultiCharts for macOS.

Return to “MultiCharts”