Error in study: Multicharts can`t find dll

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
andreinvest

Error in study: Multicharts can`t find dll

Postby andreinvest » 13 May 2021

Hello!
I get error messages "Can`t find dll" (I attached pics)
What is the reason it appears? How can I fix it?
I only get it using the last version
Attachments
2021-05-13 17.50.58.jpg
(11.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
image_2021-05-13_17-33-28.png
(117.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Error in study: Multicharts can`t find dll

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 13 May 2021

Hello andreinvest,

It means your script refers to the DLL specified in the message, but cannot find it.
You need to make sure you have the proper DLL for the version you are running. 32bit DLL will work with MC 32bit only. 64bit DLL is compatible only with MC 64bit.

If the file path is not explicitly specified in the study code, then MultiCharts searches in its installation folder, then in the environmental variable path (Control Panel->System->Advanced System Settings->Environment Variables->User Variables).
You can find MultiCharts installation folder by right clicking on MultiCharts icon on your desktop->Open file location.
Place DLL to both of these locations, then restart all platform processes and try running the study once again.

If you still have the issue — you need to check the DLL dependencies, for example using Dependency Walker. Most likely you do not have something required for your DLL present on the PC where you have the issue.

andreinvest

Postby andreinvest » 13 May 2021

Hello andreinvest,

It means your script refers to the DLL specified in the message, but cannot find it.
You need to make sure you have the proper DLL for the version you are running. 32bit DLL will work with MC 32bit only. 64bit DLL is compatible only with MC 64bit.

If the file path is not explicitly specified in the study code, then MultiCharts searches in its installation folder, then in the environmental variable path (Control Panel->System->Advanced System Settings->Environment Variables->User Variables).
You can find MultiCharts installation folder by right clicking on MultiCharts icon on your desktop->Open file location.
Place DLL to both of these locations, then restart all platform processes and try running the study once again.

If you still have the issue — you need to check the DLL dependencies, for example using Dependency Walker. Most likely you do not have something required for your DLL present on the PC where you have the issue.

I have done everything according to this and I have it working on MC12 64 bit but it`s still doesn`t work on MC14

HarrisonProgramming

Postby HarrisonProgramming » 14 Jun 2021

Hi AndreInvest,
Please see if this possible solution works for you:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53206

Return to “MultiCharts”