MC is calculating trade size / open positions wrong in Autotrading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Thorsten

MC is calculating trade size / open positions wrong in Autotrading

Postby Thorsten » 20 May 2021

Hi,

there seems to be something fishy with the trade size and/or the open positions that MC calculates.

• I enable Auto Trading. "Initial MP to Strategy" is set to "From Chart".
  • I have four open orders and one possible entry.
  • MC creates four exit and one entry order as seen on the pic below. The sizes are correct for three of the exit orders, but not for the fourth one. The order size is 853 too small
MC_Pic1.png
(81.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet

• I click "Turn AA Off" and get the following result:
MC_Pic2.png
(83.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet

One of the entries that should be shown as "open position" isn't on the list at all, but one that is definetly closed is. The difference between those is 853 too.

If i set "Assign Initial MP to Strategy" to "Always show dialog window" the current position size is shown as 6615 which is correct. (1438+1589+1718+1870 = 6615)

I'm probably doing sth wrong, but i've tried about anything that i could imagine.
So some help would be very much appreciated.

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: MC is calculating trade size / open positions wrong in Autotrading

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 20 May 2021

Hello Thorsten,

We usually recommend using SA mode instead of AA.

The asynchronous auto trading mode (AA) is the mode in which the trades are plotted on the chart when the order generation conditions are met with no respect to the real order executions on the broker. One should not expect the order execution prices on the chart to coincide with the order execution prices on the broker because this mode is not synchronized with the broker as is suggested by the mode's name.

The synchronous auto trading mode (SA) is the mode in which the trades are only reflected on the chart after the orders have actually been executed on the broker. SA always starts trading from Flat as if there were no previous historical trading results.
For more info please check here.

Thorsten

Postby Thorsten » 20 May 2021

Hello Vlada,

at first thank you for your fast reply.

But especially if "AA" means that MC acts after what is plotted on the chart, i don't get it why
  • The first entry (LE1) is plotted on the chart, but it doesn't appear in the "open positions" list
  • According to the chart the second entry's (LE2) size is 1589, but the exit order MC generates says it's 736.
  • The last entry (LE5) is closed on the chart but it is still in the "open positions" list

May be you could shed some light to me.

Regards
Thorsten

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 17 Aug 2021

Hello Thorsten,

If you still face the issue, please send us logs via the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback.
In the description please specify the Broker Order ID of the order with which you had the issue (Order and Position Tracker -> Orders tab -> Broker order ID column)
Please select the options:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach log files…;
Include Backup…;
Snapshot of the current MC setup;
Open workspaces…;
Data for active instruments…;
Include tick data;
Active signals…;
Upload collected data to help desk;
click Send.

Return to “MultiCharts”