Work Offline button no longer displayed

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
davide.c

Work Offline button no longer displayed

Postby davide.c » 22 May 2021

Hi, I have a license for MC, and currently I'm configured to work with MC 14 in "online" mode on a VPS server, and working in "offline" mode on my pc to develop my strategies.
To work in "offline" on my pc, as suggested, I set a fake proxy on MC login popup under "Use HTTP Proxy to authenticate" section. So for everything was ok, and after the first login attempt the "Work Offline" button was always displayed. Doing that I was always able to work in "offline" on my pc.

Starting from today, with no reason, the "Work Offline" button is no longer displayed.
Nothing is changed on my pc and MC version is the same as last week (when the Work Offline mode was correctly there).

At the moment after the first login attempt a popup error saying "No connect to MultiCharts authoring system" opens, and a message of MC is also displayed with "Connection failure to proxy server" (see attachment).

How could I resolve this problem? Is there any reason why the "Work Offline" button is no longer be displayed?
At the moment I'm stuck. The only way I have to use my MC on my PC is to disconnect the online instance on the VPS that is not acceptable.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
2021-05-22 09_22_12-Window.png
(840.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Tammy MultiCharts

Re: Work Offline button no longer displayed

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 04 Jun 2021

Hello davide.c,

Since the release of MultiCharts v14 one license can only be used one machine at the same time.
The offline/online workaround is no longer supported.
Our development team is currently working on implementing offline licenses for study development, backtesting and optimization. We're planning to have this product available in one of the nearest releases.

Return to “MultiCharts”