Using Price Multiplier

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Leo

Using Price Multiplier

Postby Leo » 03 Jun 2021

Hello all,

I have a system on the TS @SB future where the value is calculated to 2 decimals (i.e. 17.42), while on the TWS @SB is calculated to 4 decimals (i.e. 0.1742). I then need to have MC send the order with the decimals on the TWS. On MC's documentation I found a solution to the problem for Trading Technologies data, so I have two questions:

1) Does what is written here apply to any broker?
2) If yes, which of the two futures should be modified: a) the one from which I take the data - in my case TS or b) the one on which I send the order - in my case IB?

Thanks in advance

Tammy MultiCharts

Re: Using Price Multiplier

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 09 Jun 2021

Hello Leo,

Not every data feed supports Price Multiplier. However, it may be used in your particular case with TS.

The price multiplier for TS symbols should be specified after the symbol description. In your case please add *0.01 in Edit Symbol > Futures tab > Description.
You will also need to set the same PriseScale, MinMovement and BigPointValue for the TS symbol as the IB symbol has in Edit Symbol > Settings tab.
Please configure Symbol Mapping anew after the changes above are applied.

Also please note that continuous futures contracts are not tradeable. In order to trade you will need to map the TS continuous contract to the front month contract from IB.

michael_mio

Postby michael_mio » 10 Aug 2021

Hi Tammy!
Sorry, i have the same question for the Cotton Future (@CT).
Could you please describe more in detail?
In the Quote Manager in "Edit symbol > Futures tab > description" instead of "Cotton No. 2 Continuous Contract" there should be "Cotton No. 2 Continuous Contract * 0.01"?
Thank you

Leo

Postby Leo » 10 Aug 2021

Hi Tammy!
Sorry, i have the same question for the Cotton Future (@CT).
Could you please describe more in detail?
In the Quote Manager in "Edit symbol > Futures tab > description" instead of "Cotton No. 2 Continuous Contract" there should be "Cotton No. 2 Continuous Contract * 0.01"?
Thank you
Michael, yes.

michael_mio

Postby michael_mio » 10 Aug 2021

How can I check if it works?
At the moment I still see the old price of @CT (92.35 from TS data, 0.9235 from IB data) in both the chart and the scanner.
Thank you

Leo

Postby Leo » 10 Aug 2021

Michael, close the MC and relaunch, next time you should see the correct decimals

Return to “MultiCharts”