Several strategies on same instrument, but only one position at a time

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
orjan

Several strategies on same instrument, but only one position at a time

Postby orjan » 08 Jun 2021

Hi,
I have created two different strategies for one particular instrument. I have each strategy on separate chart windows. I would like to autotrade both strategies simultaneously, but I only want one position at a time. That is, if one strategy has triggered a buy-signal and has bought, I do not want the other strategy to buy even if a buy signal is triggered on that one.

So sometimes Strategy 1 has a position and sometimes Strategy 2 has a position, but never both of them at the same time.

Is that possible, and how?

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: Several strategies on same instrument, but only one position at a time

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 08 Jun 2021

Hello orjan,

By default in MultiCharts you can trade one symbol per chart only. Your trading series is always the main data series (data1).
If you want to trade a certain number of instruments-you need to have a chart open for each symbol.
You can add second, third, etc. data series (subcharts) with XXX instrument and XXX resolution to your chart for reference only.

You can link multiple charts to share information between them using Global Variables.

In Portfolio Trader you can apply a signal to multiple instruments. Please read more about portfolio trading in the following wiki section.

Return to “MultiCharts”