MC's Binance Data vs Binance App's Binance Data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rc76

MC's Binance Data vs Binance App's Binance Data

Postby rc76 » 27 Jul 2021

Since MC now has access to Binance’s API, and therefore, all of their crypto’s data, I thought I should try to create a scanner to replicate the data of what the Binance app is showing.

So in the Binance App’s “Markets” tab, we can show the “Top” 24% Change cryptos for the Fiat (USDT) Markets, as shown below:
00.png
(275.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
As you can see, the top 3 earning crypto are:
- Alice/USDT
- CVC/USDT
- AXSUSDT

The specific values I want to compare are:
- 24h Change
- 24h Volume

Q - 24h Change
As you can see, the %Change between what MC shows and Binance is relatively close, but still not the same. I believe they are using the rolling 24h change calculation method. I have tried to created the same, but the slight difference still occurs, which “should not happen” if MC is getting latest tick by tick data from Biannce?

Code: Select all

Vars: PercentChg(0) ; PercentChg = round(100 * (C / C[24] - 1), 2); Plot1( PercentChg, "%C.24h" ) ; if PercentChg >= 0 then SetPlotColor( 1, Green ) else if PercentChg < 0 then SetPlotColor( 1, Red ) ;
Q – 24h Volume
The Volume difference between MC and Binance is quite big for some cryptos. For example, MC’s ALICE/UDST has a lot more volume of 4,461M compares to Binance’s 462.9M. So does CVCUSDT and AXSUSDT, all have big volume difference.

Code: Select all

Vars: TotalVol(0), idx(0) ; // idx = 0; // Resolution: 1 day, a total of 1 day // idx = 23; // Resolution: 1 hr, a total of 24 hr { not tick/intra-day data nor an advanced chart type (Kagi, Renko, Line Break) } if BarType >= 2 and BarType < 5 then begin TotalVol = Volume; for idx = 0 to 23 begin TotalVol = TotalVol + Volume[idx]; end; Plot1( TotalVol, "Volume" ); end else { If tick/intra-day data or an advanced chart type; in the case of minute data, also set the "Build Volume On:" field in the Format Instrument dialog to Trade Volume or Tick Count, as desired; when using advanced chart types, Ticks returns volume if the chart is built from 1-tick interval data. } begin TotalVol = Ticks; for idx = 0 to 23 begin TotalVol = TotalVol + Ticks[idx]; end; Plot1( TotalVol, "Volume" ) ; end;
Any one have encountered this issue?
I have also attached the relevant code in PLA.
MC_vs_Binance.pla
(6.83 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: MC's Binance Data vs Binance App's Binance Data

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 02 Aug 2021

Hello rc76,

Comparing the study calculation results in different application is not always relevant, as the methods how the scripts are processed may be different.
You need to know what algo Binance uses to calculate 24h Change or 24h Volume parameter if you want to calculate the same in MC.

In case you want to check if MultiCharts plots the same volume as Binance, please plot two identical charts with 1 day resolution in MultiCharts and Binance. Put the cursor on the bars to see the hint where the volume is displayed. The volume from the hints should correspond in MC and Binance.
Keywords Volume and Ticks return the information about volume that you see in the hint. Please refer to the help for these keywords.

Note: Volume can be expressed only by an integer in MultiCharts, therefore the Volume Multiplier is used for cryptocurrencies.

Return to “MultiCharts”