Auto Trading settings

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
themeantrader

Auto Trading settings

Postby themeantrader » 29 Jul 2021

Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to Easy Language. I have a few trades ready to go live and have had some challenges with setting these live....

On the Auto Trading tab within the:
Assign Initial Market Position to Strategy

I've had the 'Show Dialogue window only if market position on chart is different from broker' selected.

The issue with this is whenever the rules have been met to take a trade, I get a dialogue box asking me to confirm the market position value from either the broker, from chart, or custom value.

I have no positions open and don't want to to have to confirm these trades, the idea being they can be taken when I'm away from my desk. I'm hoping somebody could confirm which box should be checked in the Auto Trading settings which will ensure there is no further confirmation required.

For information I'm using MC with Interactive Brokers.

Many thanks,
Iain

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Auto Trading settings

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 29 Jul 2021

Hello Iain,

The Assign Initial Market Position to Strategy dialog appears on start of auto trading if you checked the corresponding option in Strategy Properties -> Auto Trading -> Assign Initial Market Position to Strategy. If you select Flat, From Chart or From Broker, the dialog will not appear, and the selected option will be applied automatically.

themeantrader

Postby themeantrader » 30 Jul 2021

Thanks Svetlana, on a slightly different topic I've now got my automated trades taking trades, however with both of the trades it took yesterday, it exited early ignoring the stop losses built in to the trade. I have these exact same strategies running alongside in a test environment and they follow the rules and didn't exit early.

Just wondering if you have any idea what may have caused this to happen when live?

Thanks,
Iain

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 02 Aug 2021

Hello Iain,

According to our live chat session from July, 30th, the SELL orders generated by your strategy during live trading were rejected due to insufficient margin.
Error:
Order rejected - reason: YOUR ORDER IS NOT ACCEPTED. IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THE DESIRED POSITION YOUR NET LIQ MUST EXCEED THE MARGIN REQ
Please contact your broker for further assistance on this.

In case of any issues, please feel free to contact us again.

Return to “MultiCharts”