Problem with ES range bar data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
willwill7

Problem with ES range bar data

Postby willwill7 » 07 Jul 2008

For ES range bars the data never populates at open. Even after trying to refresh backfiling, still no up to time range bars. I do not have this problem with other markets.

Also the ES time charts work just fine.

See attachement.

Thank you.
Attachments
No ES range bar data.png
(50.13 KiB) Downloaded 401 times

oakshadows

Postby oakshadows » 07 Jul 2008

I don't know if this will solve the problem for your situation, but here is what I did when I could not get Range Bars to work for a particular symbol:

I manually entered the "setting details" (i.e., contract specifications) for the symbol into QuoteManager, rather than relying upon the Exchange Settings.

willwill7

Postby willwill7 » 07 Jul 2008

Tried both ways and did not solve. Thank you for the reply. May I ask what data provider you are using. I'm using TS currently. Wonder if it could be data provider related? Wouldn't think so though if it is working for all of the time bars... In any event - Thanks.

oakshadows

Postby oakshadows » 07 Jul 2008

I have just started testing IQfeed. I had the same type of problem you did. Worked around the problem through manual entry of the symbol specs.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 Jul 2008

Tried both ways and did not solve. Thank you for the reply. May I ask what data provider you are using. I'm using TS currently. Wonder if it could be data provider related? Wouldn't think so though if it is working for all of the time bars... In any event - Thanks.
Hi willwill7,

Please contact our customer support representatives at http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html They will connect to your PC to see what's causing the problem and fix it on-line. Please note that the customer support hours are 6:30 am - 4:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Return to “MultiCharts”