Prices on charts jump to different level when auto trading  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
westerly

Prices on charts jump to different level when auto trading

Postby westerly » 10 Aug 2021

I set up an auto trade for the market open for a stock that was trading in the $213 range. However when the market opened the chart showed the stock price had jumped to the $70 range. My datafeed (IQFeed) showed the price still at the $213 range. Please see attached screenshot of the chart and of the datafeed.
TROW Aug9.jpg
(178.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The low price on the chart triggered my strategy stoploss of $205, which went through at the market $213 range. Attached is a shot of the order and position tracker (the cancelled stop order may have been because of my slow internet (?))
Order & Position Tracker.JPG
(64.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The same thing also happened with two other stocks yesterday.

I'm using MC64 14.0 build 21357. Broker is IB.

Any help would be appreciated!

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Prices on charts jump to different level when auto trading

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 12 Aug 2021

Hello westerly,

Most likely, the strategy sent a stop order, which was converted to a market one due to the settings of the Convert unexecuted limit/stop exit orders to market orders option. The original unfilled stop order was canceled.

A price spike might be caused by the Merge Data Sources into a Single Chart option. If the spike appeared with this option disabled, please enable extended logging for your data feed, reproduce the behaviour and send us logs via the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback so that we could analyze the issue on our end:
In the commentary field describe the steps to reproduce the issue.
Please select the options:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach log files…;
Snapshot of the current MC setup;
Open workspaces…;
Data for active instruments…;
Upload collected data to help desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.

To enable extended logging:
1. Close MultiCharts and all its applications including QuoteManager. Make sure that no MultiCharts processes are left in Task Manager -> Details tab -> Description column.
2. Run ExtendedLogging.exe. It is stored in the folder where MultiCharts was installed (right-click the MultiCharts shortcut -> Open File Location)
3. Enable your data feed’s dll. and click Apply.

westerly

Re: Prices on charts jump to different level when auto trading  [SOLVED]

Postby westerly » 16 Aug 2021

Kate,

Looks like you were right- I was using the Merge Data option when there was no need to, I only had one data source. Charts working fine now.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Prices on charts jump to different level when auto trading

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 17 Aug 2021

westerly,

Glad to know that the issue was resolved!
If you had extended logging enabled, please make sure you disable it until it is required.

Return to “MultiCharts”