work space wsp.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jimm88

work space wsp.

Postby jimm88 » 18 Aug 2021

I had a small glitch in the computer had to close it and restart. after i opened the Mutlicharts back up and the work space was empty i went to restore file >> no restore point
before i built out a new one i was wondering if there are any tricks or file hidden in system
i thought i had done a back up i can not find that

one more thing when you open the platform and try opening the work space a box appears and says "unreconized file format"

any help would be appreciated

jim

jimm88

Re: work space wsp.

Postby jimm88 » 19 Aug 2021

I built a new work space excellent saved it new name etc. worked perfect shut down platform re opened worked fine today start computer and open MC and same problem folder empty now work space un recognized file format

HELP!!!!

jimm88

Postby jimm88 » 19 Aug 2021

i tried back up not sure of completion.... but i took the work space file copied and put in another drive to save

i closed the platform and when opening AGAIN FILE EMPTY i was able to open from saved file someone please answer what may be wrong with glitch in saving properly

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 Aug 2021

You should use LiveChat to connect to techsupport.
They can review you file and tell you what happened.

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 Aug 2021

When I make changes to my wsp, I always make back up copies.

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 20 Aug 2021

Hello jimm88.

Could you please provide us with the problematic .wsp file so that we could check it on our end?
Where is the workspace file stored: on a local disk or a network drive?
Please also specify which version of MultiCharts you are using (you can check that in Help > About MultiCharts).

jimm88

Postby jimm88 » 20 Aug 2021

Tammy once i rebuilt space, i found that dropping the folder on the second hard drive it would save it and i think the C drive is corrupted or has a problem other things started to show up so i am going to replace the drive as we speak and i will update you

I have found malware inside mutlicharts.net and removed // second i searched again for any other issue nothing

there was another platform that had the malware inside it also // strange as i never surf with trading computer

I will update

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 25 Aug 2021

Hello jimm88,

Someone created a malware with the same signature as our VB .NET studies, therefore MultiCharts .NET may provoke false positive malware detection by your anti-virus. We have already reported this issue to most popular antivirus companies so that they can whitelist VB.NET study archives on their end.

Please repair MultiCharts .NET through Windows Start > Settings > Apps > Uninstall MultiCharts .NET > Repair.
Then please add all MultiCharts .NET components to the exclusions of your antivirus. Or you can delete all VB .NET studies if you do not use them.

Return to “MultiCharts”