Easy way to test consensus systems?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tpredictor

Easy way to test consensus systems?

Postby tpredictor » 30 Aug 2021

I want to test consensus system where I only take position if 3 of my systems trigger. One way I know that should work would be to apply each sub-strategy to chart and have it output position via a file, global variable, or etc. a signal and then the master strategy would read that. I know that I could also re-code the strategy into a master strategy but I do not want to have to recode each strategy into a new master.

Assuming all the strategies run on same time frame-- might there be an easier way? Can the portfolio tester be used for consensus strategy?

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Easy way to test consensus systems?

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 31 Aug 2021

Hello tpredictor,

You might want to work in Portfolio Trader using Money Management Signal and PMM/PMMS keywords.
If that doesn’t help, please describe what you are trying to achieve in more detail.

tpredictor

Postby tpredictor » 31 Aug 2021

Example #1 I have 5 long only strategies. I only want to take a position when at least 2 strategies are long and the third triggers (and/or when all 3 trigger at the same time). I want to use the exit of the most recent strategy that triggered. If all 3 triggered then assume I use the first exit.

Example #2 I have 5 long/short strategies. I want to take a position only when at least 3 strategies trigger and I want to use the long/short status of all 5 strategies to inform my position sizing.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 01 Sep 2021

tpredictor,

I'd recommend checking the Portfolio Money Management keywords, they should help you with your script.

Return to “MultiCharts”