Autotrade not Working

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Dan122

Autotrade not Working

Postby Dan122 » 31 Aug 2021

Autotrade panel.png
(138.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I´m starting to autotrade, after some years with MC. I´m using esignal as data source, IB as broker and I trade futures. The orders are supposed to be sent to get the opening price. At 17:45 EST I have all the data locally then I run the signal (and enable autotrade) and the order should be sent before the opening. But it is not sent at all, I get no window pop up to confirm neither a new position on the broker. I´m using “use outside RTH tag for orders in the broker profile”. I tried IOG without results. I also changed in TWS configuration: preset / futures to “allow order outside RTH”. I tried SYNC and ASYNC modes. I tried in 2 different machines. What am I missing?
Everything works ok using chart trading, so the mapping is ok.
Unexpectedly, when the next day starts it is able to send the correct stop order.
I use only daily data, 5 assets - one traded. Multicharts 14.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Autotrade not Working

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 01 Sep 2021

Hello Dan122,

When the issue is reproduced, please send us the following files so that we could analyze the issue on our end:
1. Logs via the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback.
In the description box please specify the time when the order should have been sent/ when you tried to send it.
Please select the options:
Attach log files…;
Upload collected data to help desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.
2. Screenshots of the Orders and Logs tabs in the Order and Position Tracker.

Also, please answer the following questions so that we could have better understanding of the issue:
1. Have you tried sending a manual order from MultiCharts?
2. Have you tried sending an order before opening from the IB terminal?
3. Are the orders being sent during the exchange working hours?

Return to “MultiCharts”