Windows status confirmatioin/pop up freezes DOM

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tpredictor

Windows status confirmatioin/pop up freezes DOM

Postby tpredictor » 08 Sep 2021

I notice execution is very fast with Rithmic but on my Win 10 the status/task messages freeze up the DOM from updating that come from either Rithmic or Multicharts. Looking for a way to disable them to see if it fixes the issue. Is this common or a problem with my Windows 10? Everything starts updating properly once I disable all the status messages. It seems to be locking the UI thread.

tpredictor

Re: Windows status confirmatioin/pop up freezes DOM

Postby tpredictor » 08 Sep 2021

Here's another example where the status messages almost made the program completely freeze/crash. Still troubleshooting the cause but the error caused a flood of status messages:

"Instrument: MESU1; Order: Sell Stop 1; Status: Rejected; Reason: Order ID 107 rejected.TS:MESU1 has incorrect settings (Price Scale, Min Movement, Big Point Value). Configure the symbol in QuoteManager; remove and redo the symbol mapping for it."

It looks like the cause was testing a strategy in Paper trader with data source set to TS and symbol running on Rithmic. Nope-- something else still trying to diagnose.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 15 Sep 2021

Hello tpredictor,

How often the freeze/crash is reproduced?

If the issue is reproduced, please send us the report as described below. It is important to collect it at the moment of the freeze/crash, not before or after.
Go to Windows Start Menu -> MultiCharts folder -> Feedback. In the Feedback window please select:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach log files…;
Attach minidump…;
Snapshot of the current MC setup;
Open workspaces…;
Data for active instruments…;
Include tick data;
Active indicators…; Active signals…; (if possible)
Upload collected data to help desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.

Also it would be helpful if you make a short video demonstrating how the status messages cause the freeze/crash.

tpredictor

Postby tpredictor » 15 Sep 2021

It happens every time. It is not a crash but it locks the UI thread/DOM from updating. I was able to resolve by turning off notifications in Rithmic that use the task bar.

I would still like to know if this is specific to my Windows 10 or universal.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 15 Sep 2021

This issue is not reproduced on our end, and we have not received similar reports from other users.

tpredictor

Postby tpredictor » 15 Sep 2021

To clarify, the status "popup" that Rithmic produces when trading through the Multicharts DOM pauses/freezes the UI. You need to produce several status messages to get this. You will see the DOM does not update. Disabling the confirmation in Rithmic seems to resolve it. The cause seems to be the Rithmic displaying the status message freezes the UI thread in Multicharts.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 16 Sep 2021

Could you please send screenshots demonstrating the popup message and the settings where you disabled it?

Return to “MultiCharts”