Saving imported Ascii Data in the data base in quote manager

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
newatmc

Saving imported Ascii Data in the data base in quote manager

Postby newatmc » 06 Oct 2021

Hello everyone,

First time posting.

I have started using MC64 recently and trying to find my way in the all the help areas available. However I came across this problem and I need quick help so I don't have to repeat this work any more.

I imported some ASCII data for a symbol into the quote manager yesterday. About 4 years of data in total and it took some time as it was tick data.
The program hasn't been closed or exited over night. Today I built a chart with this data, and everything was fine. Half way thru the day, my desktop froze and would not come back alive with any commands or key combinations. And I had to turn the power off and on again.

After restarting MC64 again, and realizing that I didn't save that chart to a desktop or a work space before the crash, I was really disappointed due to the time it took to build that chart. But what was really frustrating is the fact that the symbol had no data in the database when I tried to rebuild the chart. That showed up when I added the symbol to the chart and also I observed that in the edit data option from the context menu of the symbol.
Currently I 'm importing all this data again into the database.

The question is , how do I save this data to the database immediately after importing?
I have done the same process before for two other symbols and every time I restarted MC64, the data was there and the charts backfilled normally.

Thanks for your help in advance.

MAC

Jupp25

Re: Saving imported Ascii Data in the data base in quote manager

Postby Jupp25 » 07 Oct 2021

Hi MAC,

I wasnt aware that importet data is not saved right away. So if it is treated like real-time data, then try Ctrl+B in Quote-Manager (Flush cached data to database).

Greets
Chris

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 07 Oct 2021

Hello MAC,

The data imported from an ASCII file is stored in cache.
When you close MultiCharts, QuoteManager and Portfolio Trader, the cached data is compressed and saved to the local database. If MultiCharts wasn't shut down correctly, the cached data may be lost though.

To make sure you don't lose your data next time, as Chris suggested, you can flush the cache to the database manually through MultiCharts / Quote Manager File > Flush cached data to database.

newatmc

Postby newatmc » 07 Oct 2021

Thank you Chris & Tammy. I will definitely do that. Mac

Return to “MultiCharts”