.RLD command line. How to use it on “Second” chart or “Change” charts?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
oppidum

.RLD command line. How to use it on “Second” chart or “Change” charts?

Postby oppidum » 21 Oct 2021

Hi,

I am trying to use the .RLD command line with a specifief “res=” to reload only one chart.

To make the test I opened different chart. All are in tick format except the one I would like to trigger the .RLD command line. I am testing this trigger chart with different resolution type: minute, second, change, contract,.

Code: Select all

{for example: } CommandLine(".rld int=1 day, res=30 Tick"); CommandLine(".rld int=1 day, res=30second");

If I use a 1 minute chart with “res=1minute” it works and reload only the 1miunte chart. But, If I try with res=30ticks or res=30tick or res=30seconds or res=30changes (on a corresponding chart) then all charts in tick format are reloaded, whatever their resolution,. I tried different writing but there is no way to have it work as expected. I was looking in the forum and wiki but all I found does not work. On the wiki there is no specification for the “data” charts like “change” or “contrat" or "second" charts for example.

Could someone provide some advice on that please.

Many thanks

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: .RLD command line. How to use it on “Second” chart or “Change” charts?

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 22 Oct 2021

Hi oppidum,

Do you plot the ticks, seconds and changes charts for the same symbol?
If yes, it is expected that the reload command on one of them leads to re-requesting tick data on all tick-based charts for this symbol.
If you have different symbols, please send us the following information for analysis.
1. The workspace where the behaviour is reproduced.
2. Export of used symbols (with data) from QuoteManager in .qmd archive.
3. The exported scripts with all dependent functions that are used on the workspace.
4. Screenshots and step-by-step instruction how to reproduce the issue, or a short video.

oppidum

Re: .RLD command line. How to use it on “Second” chart or “Change” charts?

Postby oppidum » 26 Oct 2021

Thank you Svetlana for your explanation. So it’s not possible, all “data” charts from the same symbol are reloaded. If we use a tick chart and a change charts from the same symbol, there is no way to reload only the change charts. This is somehow logical but, from I had read on that previously, it was not so clear.
Many thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts”