AutoTrading with AA  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
eto

AutoTrading with AA

Postby eto » 09 Nov 2021

Hi,

I have a question and this is specific to Forex and is not suitable for other markets that don't allow for hedging ( I think so).

I would like to know since MC does not allow hedging and to trade with multiple strategies on 1 instrument and my assumption is the best way to do this is using asynchronous mode [AA] on multiple charts.

For example, if I trade EURUSD and I have multiple strategies, I just open different charts and run the 1 strategy on each of the charts for EURUSD and set the mode selection to AA.

Please, anyone, correct me if my assumption is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Mydesign

Re: AutoTrading with AA

Postby Mydesign » 10 Nov 2021

Hi,

Your assumption is wrong. You mistakenly consider SA/AA mode, but granted I did the same too because of unclear documentation.

In autotrading, each chart is unaware of other charts anway, be it with SA or AA mode, and they are unaware of actual broker position (except their own position) unless you tell them with the "Assign initial market position" option or if you use the "From Broker to Strategy MP Sync" signal.

Difference between SA and AA mode is about the way they handle orders confirmation, and only for orders generated from its own chart.

See here for infos related to your case:

Trading from Multiple Charts on One Instrument

Trading same symbol from multiple charts

eto

Postby eto » 11 Nov 2021

Hi Mydesign,

To double confirm.. if I opt to user "From Broker to Strategy MP Sync" signal.

Is that means I have to run together with the current strategy signal ? like below? Does any sequence order matter?
BrokertoStrategy.JPG
(50.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 11 Nov 2021

Correct. Just have it along with your other signals. As for the sequence order, I guess it does not matter, but I personally always put it at top of the list.

But beware that is not trully compatible with trading same instrument from multiple independant charts. In this case, each charts will know broker side position, but they don't know about other charts position.

Try to simulate something like:

Chart A is long 2 lots
Chart B has a short signal for 1 lot

Without Broker sync: you end up with 1 lot long which is the result of 2 lots long and 1 lot short
With Broker Sync: you end up with 1 lot short because Chart B sold 3 lots in order to reverse the position

eto

Re: AutoTrading with AA  [SOLVED]

Postby eto » 11 Nov 2021

Thanks for your clear explaination mydesign :)

Return to “MultiCharts”