chart still reqests data while historical data have been dowloaded

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
joe107c

chart still reqests data while historical data have been dowloaded

Postby joe107c » 13 Dec 2021

I am using IB as my broker.

I have downloaded historical data(tick) through QM for symbol SQXL.

Then, I open a chart using tick data for SPXL but QM still request historical data instead of loading the downloaded data. And the requests raise an issue "Historlcal Market Data Service error message: Historical data request pacing violation". I have to wait a long time until the requests finished.

So, the question is how to load the data I have downloaded in QM instead of sending new requests for the data?

Thanks a lot!

Tammy MultiCharts

Re: chart still reqests data while historical data have been dowloaded

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 13 Dec 2021

Hello joe107c,

When you have data downloaded to the local data base and plot a chart for that instrument, the required historical data is loaded from the cache or data base first, then the missing historical data and realtime data are requested from the data provider.
All requests for missing data that are sent to the data feed are logged in the Event Log of QuoteManager. You can see the instrument, resolution, interval that is being requested to fill the gaps.

Please check the requested data intervals in Quote Manager Event Log. If they are within the data range downloaded from the data feed earlier, please send us the following files for further analysis:
1) Workspace with the chart you are loading.
2) Export of used symbol (with data) from QuoteManager in .qmd archive: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... rting_Data
3) Screenshots demonstrating the data requests sent to the data feed.
4) Step-by-step instructions on how we can replicate the issue on our end.
4) MultiCharts Logs, collected via main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback.
Please select the options:
Attach log files…;
Upload collected data to help desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.

Return to “MultiCharts”