How to fix the problem of imported data lost on the next day  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
leety2008

How to fix the problem of imported data lost on the next day

Postby leety2008 » 13 Dec 2021

I imported the data through ASCII mapping and worked all right. When I opened the Multicharts the next day, the imported data lost. I had to reimported the data and got it worked. But the day after the data lost again. Please help to fix this problem.

Tammy MultiCharts

Re: How to fix the problem of imported data lost on the next day

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 14 Dec 2021

Hello leety2008,

Could you please specify how exactly the data was imported?
Did you do that through Quote Manager > File > Map ASCII or Quote Manager > File > Import Data > ASCII?

If the data was imported through File > Import Data > ASCII, it may have been lost if MultiCharts was not closed down correctly.
When the data is imported to MultiCharts, it is first stored in cache, then moved to the local data base when MultiCharts and all the components are closed correctly. If some of the processes were not shut down correctly before the restart (for example the PC was turned off before all of them were terminated), the data from cache may be lost.
To avoid that, after the data is imported, you can flush cached data to database manually through Quote Manager->Edit tab or MultiCharts->File tab.

leety2008

Re: How to fix the problem of imported data lost on the next day  [SOLVED]

Postby leety2008 » 17 Dec 2021

Thank you for your help. The problem is being solved by flush cached data to database manually.

Return to “MultiCharts”