Unfilled orders

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
small dog

Unfilled orders

Postby small dog » 30 Dec 2021

I am automatically trading Forex CFDs with Oanda. Lately I had several unfilled orders, which turned a potentially profitable trade into a loss. I am running a mirror workspace to monitor the strategy (not actively trading), and the strategy there registered the signal, so the issue is most likely due to some communication problems between Oanda and Multicharts.

Any advice where I should look? Currently the strategy is executed with stop orders. Which parameters should I tweak to make sure I get filled? Would it help if I change the execution to market orders (i.e. from "buy next bar at LongEntry stop" to "if close crosses over LongEntry buy next bar at market").

Any help would be highly appreciated. It is pretty hard to design and interrogate a trading system. Very frustrating when it mulfunctions in real time.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Unfilled orders

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 07 Jan 2022

Hi small dog,

MultiCharts does not fill orders. As soon as an order is sent to the broker, it is managed by the broker.

You may want to convert unfilled/partially filled price orders into market orders. Please read more about the feature here.

Return to “MultiCharts”