CQG Chart freeze

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Riembaus

CQG Chart freeze

Postby Riembaus » 06 Jan 2022

MC Version: v14 build 21978 - 64bit
System: Intel Core i7
Ram: 16 GB

I'm running into an issue where ever now and then MC stops updating the chart I'm trading. Odd thing is that the DOM windows keeps updating the price. In order to resume the chart getting updated I need to completely exit MC and restart it.

Some days it's doesn't happen at all, other days it happens frequently.

Please help me troubleshoot this issues.

TJ

Re: CQG Chart freeze

Postby TJ » 06 Jan 2022

What other software are you running?
Do you have anti-virus?

You can check your Taskmanager for opened processes.

tpredictor

Postby tpredictor » 08 Jan 2022

Sounds similar to what I am seeing-- it is caused by the historical data provider losing connection or being refused. I have a thread open on it too.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 12 Jan 2022

Hello,

Please do the following so that we could investigate each particular charting case and provide a solution:

Send us the Logs for analysis by going Help -> Feedback when the charting issue is reproduced.
Please enable “Attach a screenshot”, “Attach Log files…”, “Attach minidump…”, “Snapshot of the current MultiCharts setup”, “Open Workspaces”, “Data for active instruments…” and “Upload collected data to Help Desk”.
In the commentary section specify the time when the chart froze so that we could find this place in the logs and press Send.

You can send any additional info to our support email or attach it in Live Chat during a live session with the Live Chat operator.

Riembaus

Postby Riembaus » 27 Jan 2022

Hi

Sorry for not getting back to this earlier, but been traveling.

The historical data thing may have solved the issue. I realized that I was trying to pull historical data from symbols unavailable to me, so I deleted those from the quotemanager. So far it's been running fine for a week now. I'll let it run a bit longer before I consider the issue solved and then I'll get back to the thread.

Return to “MultiCharts”