Loading data for Delta-Chart tries to load too many days

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
PK1

Loading data for Delta-Chart tries to load too many days

Postby PK1 » 06 Jan 2022

Hello,

now I came back to Delta-Charts and had only one instrument ES# (custom future from /ES with datafeed IB) M5 Timeframe.

I checked "Show Delta", "built from ticks" and the "breakdown by" option I tried both variants.

Now trying to load only 3 days back from today but MC is fetching data back to 8th of Dec only to show these three days in the chart. For 2 days it was like 15th of December. That can't be right.

When I change the expected date range from "3 days back" to specifying the date from and until to 15th of Dec and today then MC is able to show all these many days. Means, the necessary data is there, otherwise MC couldn't show the chart. Switch I back to "3 days back" then I needs to load data.

Looks like a significant problem bc explicitely selecting the dates seems to load only the data from between those selected dates, while selecting an amount of days MC tries to load 3 or 4 times the amount of data. I've had this countless of times of the last 10 years or so when loading historical data for the last 1000 days for normal (not delta) charts. But now it was soo obvious that MC doesn't really need that many weeks of data for a few days when switching to the other option of how many days to load.
2022-01-06 23_21_38-Format Instrument.png
(12.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet

TJ

Re: Loading data for Delta-Chart tries to load too many days

Postby TJ » 06 Jan 2022

How many indicators/strategies you are running?
How much back data do they need?

eg. a 20 period moving average requires a minimum of 20 bars of data to do the first calculation.

PK1

Postby PK1 » 06 Jan 2022

How many indicators/strategies you are running?
How much back data do they need?

eg. a 20 period moving average requires a minimum of 20 bars of data to do the first calculation.
I'm aware of that, used only one vol-indicator here (checked right now) which is not using data beyond current candle. And for my workspaces used for dataloading they have no indicator at all.

But even with indicators the problem is with the settings: whether specifying the amount of days looking back (here 3) or specifying the dates from and until for the history to load. In one case MC is able to draw the chart and not loading data further, the other case needs to load more data.

PK1

Postby PK1 » 11 Jan 2022

Ok, for me I have a work around for this obvious bug.

I just wanted to communicate the information because I'm not the only one with IB as Dataprovider and fetching more data than necessary (what MC does) can be a real pain with MC.

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 12 Jan 2022

Hello PK1,

We have checked this behavior on our end and confirmed it is a bug.
The issue will be fixed in one of the future releases. We will let you know as soon as the fix is out.

Return to “MultiCharts”