ASCII-Mapping (not import) not working - why?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Jupp25

ASCII-Mapping (not import) not working - why?

Postby Jupp25 » 10 Jan 2022

Hi

I created several symbols via ASCII-Mapping and they all have the configuration tab "ASCII-Mapping" but the chart states "No data".
Has anybody solved that for himself?
Do the files need to be in a specific folder? even though the configuration tab shows the correct file?
Files where created with excel, but were reconed when creating the symbol and files are not empty.
I did everything I could think of or found in the forum: Flush Cache, restart QuoteManager, restart MC, nothing works.

Chris

Tammy MultiCharts

Re: ASCII-Mapping (not import) not working - why?

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 11 Jan 2022

Hello Chris,

Please double-check ASCII Mapping was configured correctly according to the instructions in our wiki.
After you select the file in ASCII Mapping window, please click on the file name and in the window that appears check if all the fields are selected and parsed correctly.

When you plot the chart, in Format Instrument > Settings tab please make sure the data range selected is within the range of data from the mapped file.

If the settings look fine, but you still cannot get data on the chart, please attach a sample file with data so that we could check that on our end.

Jupp25

Re: ASCII-Mapping (not import) not working - why?

Postby Jupp25 » 29 Jan 2022

Hi Tammy,
one question left...

The Solution for "No data" actually was the time of the data together with the ECN sessiontime and my local chart time here in germany.
Then there was another problem and I am not shure if thats a little bug or unfortunate default value. If mapping data to/for the CFTC exchange, a chart only shows zero for all values, no matter which values are in the mapped file. This is due to the Price Scale setting for CFTC (1000), so after changing that, mapping now works for me.

Question:
What is needed, that the "category" and "exchange" is set automatically? Its pretty annoying to set that individually for every file when mapping the first time.

Thx
Chris

Tammy MultiCharts

Re: ASCII-Mapping (not import) not working - why?  [SOLVED]

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 31 Jan 2022

Hello Chris,

It is not possible to have these options set automatically.
However, you can copy the selected "Category" and "Exchange" for the first file in ASCII Mapping window and paste them into the corresponding fields for other files.
To paste the value for multiple files please highlight the column for all of them pressing Shift key and then paste.

Return to “MultiCharts”