IB Japanese Stocks - Smart routing

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
aconnery

IB Japanese Stocks - Smart routing

Postby aconnery » 16 Jan 2022

I've been trying to download Japanese historical stock data into Quotemanager using IB data. The problem with the Multicharts / IB configuration for Japan is that all stocks are directed to the exchange 'TSEJ" (Tokyo)- This works well for all Tokyo listed stocks but not for some 7974 (Nintendo), 6645 (Omron) etc etc where the primary market historically is Osaka. The historical data does not appear.
I can get all of the data in IB by using the 'SMART' exchange already in MC exchanges and used by IB, and by changing the market hours to 24/7, however, it means that these stocks could not be used in any portfolio analysis as the 'SMART' exchange is based on U.S. market hours and not Japan. Can't put stocks with different time zones in to a single portfolio.
If anyone has any simple solutions / suggestions, that would be excellent. I've tried creating a new exchange called SMARTJ, but it's not recognising and I'm assuming this is something to do with the link between MC and IB, and some additional coding might need to be added to create the linkage..
Anyway, all thoughts appreciated as Japan has some unusual settings.
Thanks in advance

Kate MultiCharts

Re: IB Japanese Stocks - Smart routing

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 21 Jan 2022

Hello,

The development team is working on the solution for it to implement in one of the future releases.

aconnery

Re: IB Japanese Stocks - Smart routing

Postby aconnery » 22 Jan 2022

Thanks very much for this. I look forward to hearing from you once ready.

Return to “MultiCharts”