Can't save symbol root in symbol dictionary  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ragdoll

Can't save symbol root in symbol dictionary

Postby ragdoll » 23 Jan 2022

Hi,

I try to add an interactive broker symbol root of MCA on HKFE. And I am ensured I have added into the symbol dictionary and taken effect. However, if I close and open again, the MCA root got disappeared. Anybody can help here?

Thanks.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Can't save symbol root in symbol dictionary

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 25 Jan 2022

Hi ragdoll ,

Please make sure you are not using unsupported symbols in the Symbol Root's name (like <;> <:> <=> <!>, etc.).
If you don't, and the issue is still reproduced, please come to the live chat Monday-Friday from 5:30 AM till 12:00 PM ET to demonstrate it.

ragdoll

Postby ragdoll » 25 Jan 2022

The name is just “MCA”.
Hi ragdoll ,

Please make sure you are not using unsupported symbols in the Symbol Root's name (like <;> <:> <=> <!>, etc.).
If you don't, and the issue is still reproduced, please come to the live chat Monday-Friday from 5:30 AM till 12:00 PM ET to demonstrate it.

ragdoll

Postby ragdoll » 28 Jan 2022

It could be still reproduced.

1. Add the "MCA" root of interactive broker into the symbol dictionary
2. Restart the Quote Manager to make sure it works
3. When the Quote Manager is open, restart the windows (As windows 10 usually try to restart itself to finish some update work)
4. After logging back into windows, open Quote Manager will find the "MCA" root got disappeared.
Hi ragdoll ,

ragdoll

Re: Can't save symbol root in symbol dictionary  [SOLVED]

Postby ragdoll » 31 Jan 2022

Note: Restart of all MultiCharts Processes is required to apply the changes in the Symbol Dictionary.

Return to “MultiCharts”