Charting issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
gpw797

Charting issues

Postby gpw797 » 24 Jan 2022

I have 2 workspaces with 2 charts at each. A 5 minute charts and a tick based chart.. 4 charts TOTAL and I am getting this error. :(
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-01-24 070410.png
(13.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet

sptrader

Re: Charting issues

Postby sptrader » 24 Jan 2022

In MC Ver 14 (latest Version), I also noticed that same error on my Gaming laptop, High CPU usage. (I7, 32gig ram) Should be plenty fast.
If you can stop using tick charts, that helps. (Try minute bars and see if it goes away).
Be sure to keep the Power Editor closed as well, that seemed to help me but I went back to Ver12 on my Desktop PC that I trade from and don't have those problems anymore.
Good trading !

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 24 Jan 2022

Of course when I change chart to 1 minute the problem goes away. It is a petty big limitation of the software when tick based charts don't work correctly and crash the platform. This is just 2 charts on a very nice computer.. don't dare try using a tick based chart in Portfolio Trader!

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 25 Jan 2022

Hello,

The message is a part of the Fail-Watch system.
It was designed to warn customers about possible issues and can be purely recommendatory. So, if you are satisfied with the current performance, do not observe any issues in the operation and consider this alert excessive, you can change the timeout or completely disable the alert in MultiCharts -> File -> Preferences -> Trading tab -> Fail-Watch and trading system warnings.

The message does not appear in MultiCharts 12 as the Fail-Watch alerts were implemented in MultiCharts 14.

Return to “MultiCharts”