"ELCollection"

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Jimmyrakete

"ELCollection"

Postby Jimmyrakete » 09 Feb 2022

Good morning,

I have a DLL problem see picture

what system do I have MultiCharts64 version 14.0 release (build 23013)?

What have I tried so far to get the system working:

- Copied the DLL "ELCollection" with the size 622KB from the forum page into the folder Multicharts64.
- Then I tested another DLL version size 436 KB (I attached it) which is not recognized.

Do you have a solution to solve this problem?

I would like to run this code with the DDL if maybe this question comes up

Code: Select all

{ Auth: Build Alpha Site: BuildAlpha.com Desc: Make strategy's position available via ADE Vers: 1.0 } inputs: StrategyName("MP1") // save MarketPosition under this name ; vars: mp(0), color(yellow), interval(ADE.BarInterval), // Must be set to correct bar type token(GetSymbolName), intrabarpersist iMap(MapSN.New), // used to pass data to ADE intrabarpersist writeOk(true) ; if CurrentBar = 1 then begin //if BarType <> 2 then RaiseRuntimeError("Must use Daily timeframe!"); //value1 = ADE.OpenMap(classTrend, token, interval{ADE.BarInterval}); end; //CommentaryCL("This Bar: ", CurrentBar:0:0); mp = I_MarketPosition; // Put the information we want to store in iMap value1 = MapSN.Put(iMap, "MP", mp); // Tell ADE to store this info for GroupName and bar interval Value1 = ADE.PutBarInfo(StrategyName, token, interval, ADE.BarID, iMap); // save the data to the file on the last bar. if writeOk and BarStatus(1) <> 1 and lastbaronchart then begin value1 = ADE.SaveMap(StrategyName, token, interval); writeOk = false; // prevent repeated writes on new bars end; if mp = +1 then color = cyan else if mp = -1 then color = red else color = yellow; Plot1(mp, "MP", color);
Attachments
ELCollections.dll
(621.5 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
ELCollections.dll
(436 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Screenshot_70.png
(9.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Jimmyrakete on 09 Feb 2022, edited 1 time in total.

McGeorge

Re: "ELCollection"

Postby McGeorge » 09 Feb 2022

Hi Jimmyrakete,

The one that works well on my system is the 622kb version. Would the 436kb version be an older version? If the 622kb version works on your system, then why bother to use the 436kb version?

McGeorge

Jimmyrakete

Postby Jimmyrakete » 09 Feb 2022

McGeorge did you have the same problems in the beginning or did it work fine from the beginning ? I don't know what to do other than copy it to the MC64 folder.

McGeorge

Postby McGeorge » 09 Feb 2022

I haven't ever used any version that is 436kb. There is not anything namely ADE nor there are functions like OpenMap and SaveMap according to the ELCollections' documentation.

Jimmyrakete

Postby Jimmyrakete » 18 Feb 2022

Hello, unfortunately I have to ask again because I wonder if anyone else has the problem and may have solved it.

So maybe I have to describe what I want to do. I want to create a trading system that trades only when two out of three other trading systems are long.
So in other words an ensemble strategy.

For this I want to use the indicator #db Position Send, but this needs the DLL EL Collection or do I understand it wrong?

Maybe the support can help me on this topic.

Or someone who has already implemented an ensemble strategy

Return to “MultiCharts”