Help With: "Account field is empty"  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Stowed4Sea

Help With: "Account field is empty"

Postby Stowed4Sea » 07 Mar 2022

So, I was going live today with first strategy, it failed and Auto-trading was turned off because of the below reason.

The error in my MessageCenter Log:

Code: Select all

tU-195C-07.03.2022/09:47:22.965 299;1;1;5;"Source: Rithmic 01\nMessage: Instrument: MES\nOrder: Sell Market 1\nStatus: Rejected\nReason: Invalid order parameters: Account field is empty"
After looking over the broker plugin, this is what I found:
2022-03-07_15-37.png
My Broker Plugin Screen
(115.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
So, I missed this because I already entered my account under the login name, I'm not sure what to put here.

Watching your example video, I see that you just put "multicharts". As shown in this screenshot:
VideoExample.png
Example From Video
(127.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I don't understand what this is, is this just an internal account name to Multicharts for use in tracking stats and has no relevance to my broker via Rithmic? Or is there something specific I need to put here.

I don't see any documentation calling out specifically what this means and what to put there.

Thanks for the help yall,
Daniel

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Help With: "Account field is empty"  [SOLVED]

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 08 Mar 2022

Hello Stowed4Sea,

Your account should be specified (selected from the dropdown box) in the Account field. Click Lookup and wait until MultiCharts receives Trade Route information from the broker. The selected option will be saved once you click OK.
Please find the detailed info about Rithmic 01 Broker Plug-in here.

Stowed4Sea

Re: Help With: "Account field is empty"

Postby Stowed4Sea » 08 Mar 2022

Thanks so much! I knew it had to be documented somewhere but for the life of me I couldn't find it so appreciate the link.

Return to “MultiCharts”