unprocessed quotes?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wegi

unprocessed quotes?

Postby wegi » 17 Mar 2022

Hi,

i use metatrade DDE to collect bid/ask tickdata, minute bars for around 50 forex symbols.

I start collecting on monday morning. after some days i get a red box in the right bottom of multicharts with following info:
"42586 unprocessed quotes / delay 986s"

What does that exactly mean? Is there a delay where new ticks are displayed in the chart of 986 seconds?

I checked one symbol, i get in max around 4000 ticks in 10 minutes.
so 4000 * 2 (bid, ask) * 50 symbols. Is this to much? How can i speed it up without deleting symbols?

Thx

Wegi

Tammy MultiCharts

Re: unprocessed quotes?

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 22 Mar 2022

Hello Wegi,

If you are using an antivirus, please disable it.
Make sure you have the latest version of MultiCharts (build 23013) installed, you can check it in Help > About MultiCharts. If you don’t, please download it from this link and install.

Then please install the latest hot fix for that version.
Please follow the instructions below to install it:
1. Download the updater using this link.
2. When downloaded, right-click the archive -> Properties -> check Unblock at the bottom of the window.
3. Then use this instruction to install the updater.

Please let us know if the issue persists after that.

wegi

Postby wegi » 22 Mar 2022

Hi Tammy,

i can´t update to the latest version at the moment, i will try to reproduce it in an new VM with the latest version.

Can you please describe me what this message means?
And what i have done is i disabled the cache in memory for QM, i use a file cache. I need this, as i loose all data if QM crashes on friday, and it does!

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 25 Mar 2022

Hello,

The red indicator means that more data is received than MultiCharts can currently process.

File cache is disabled by default because it reduces the data processing speed in general.
We would recommend you to disable file cache.

To avoid loosing the data please flush cache to the data base periodically through MultiCharts -> File -> Flush Cached Data to Databases or Quote Manager -> Edit -> Flush Cached Data to Databases.

Return to “MultiCharts”