Keyword equivalent to TS's GetRTPurchasingPower

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
sgjohnson1981

Keyword equivalent to TS's GetRTPurchasingPower

Postby sgjohnson1981 » 08 Apr 2022

TS has a keyword that is basically "here's how much money you have left you can use to buy more futures contracts even if you've already bought some." It's GetRTPurchasingPower and their help entry has a formula:
Real-time Cash + Real-time Trade Equity + Securities on Deposit + Initial Margin - Open Order Initial Margin

Is there an equivalent keyword for MC or can I somehow calculate it with other keywords? I guess "Trade Equity" means unrealized P/L of your current positions. Not sure what "Securities on Deposit" means.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Keyword equivalent to TS's GetRTPurchasingPower

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 11 Apr 2022

Hello sgjohnson1981,

It depends on your broker. If your broker provides this value in the Order and Position Tracker, you can get it from there.
Please see the below screenshot for an example with CQG.
CQG.png
(66.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
For other brokers, if there’s no Purchasing Power field, but there are other fields sufficient for its calculation, you can get their values the same way (as seen on the screenshot) and calculate the Purchasing Power.

sgjohnson1981

Postby sgjohnson1981 » 11 Apr 2022

There's no "Purchasing Power" but there's a "Free Margin." When I buy a single contract it seems to decrease by initial/daytrading margin and fluctuates depending on P/L. Are the two fields the same thing?

sgjohnson1981

Postby sgjohnson1981 » 13 Apr 2022

Nevermind. Apparently the only account listed that reported "Free Margin" was the Rithmic Paper Trading account. The Rithmic 01 live account did not. I'm just looking for a way to get account data onto the chart and rather than using the Order and Position Tracker window. I was hoping to get it into the status line via an indicator since I use the status line anyway, but none of these keywords are allowed in indicators, only in strategies. I don't know of a way to get strategies to print anything on the chart. And I'd rather not use floating text because it's a pain. Just trying to conserve precious screen real estate.

Return to “MultiCharts”