Connecting to Oanda

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
small dog

Connecting to Oanda

Postby small dog » 18 Apr 2022

I haven't used MultiCharts for couple of months. Previously I had Oanda set up for both data feed and automated trading. Today when I try to connect to Oanda the login window pops up, and the Oanda symbol keeps rotating on the screen, but it doesn't go any further.

Have I missed something in two months I haven't used MC? Has setup changed? Do I need to update MC?

Pipscalper

Re: Connecting to Oanda

Postby Pipscalper » 19 Apr 2022

Same problem here , no connection to Oanda feed

dechris

Postby dechris » 19 Apr 2022

Same problem here. Oanda symbol keeps rotating.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 19 Apr 2022

Dear Users,

This issue is also reproduced outside of MultiCharts (in the OANDA API). We've already reported it to OANDA, and their representative let us know that they "have escalated the issue further internally and are pursuing a response and fix ASAP." We’ll keep you updated on it.

OANDA also asked us to prompt users who experience this issue to contact them directly to report it at frontdesk@oanda.com

Cypress

Postby Cypress » 19 Apr 2022

This problem has been occurring after February 25.
It's not new, I had it last year, and when several weeks later I contacted via live chat with OANDA tthey denied any responsibility for it and sent me to Multicharts for a solution. I didn't but by the next session, after the weekend, the problem was gone.
This year, two weeks ago, I repeated contact and request to OANDA, getting the same answer, but this time they did nothing afterwards and the problem continues to this day.
I suspect than the origin could be in some change made by the company (is very known, but I don't remember the name in this moment) that designed or modified the OANDA Network Logon to increase the security of the process of connection.

small dog

Postby small dog » 21 Apr 2022

Oanda is disappointing. I already had doubts about staying with them because of a small choice of products and incredibly sluggish web platform. As the connection issue hasn't been solved I am going to move to another broker. Probably Saxo.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 22 Apr 2022

Dear Users,

While we are discussing the connection upgrade with the OANDA team, our engineers have created a hotfix for the currently implemented connection.

Please follow these steps to install it:
1. Download the updater using the link depending on your version:
MultiCharts
MultiCharts .NET
2. When downloaded, right-click the archive -> Properties -> check Unblock at the bottom of the window
3. Then follow this guide to install the updater

If the issue is not resolved after the updater is installed, please close MultiCharts and run MicrosoftEdgeWebview2Setup.exe (located in the updater folder) to install the Microsoft Edge element.
After that try connecting OANDA in MultiCharts again.

If you need any help with installation, please come to the live chat Monday-Friday from 5:30 AM till 12:00 PM ET.

Pipscalper

Postby Pipscalper » 25 Apr 2022

After Update I get this error message
ODAServerProxy_2022-04-23_10-22-04.png
(16.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
After reinstalling Webserver Setup and afterwards the Oanda Updater it works.
Thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts”