Reading orders executed by portfolio trader

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
vishr

Reading orders executed by portfolio trader

Postby vishr » 04 May 2022

Hi,

I recently switched to MultiCharts, and I really liked it. I use Portfolio Trader to automate my strategies, and now I am in a need of programmatically listening to all the order events generated and take an action. So far I am not able to find any way. Help is much is appreciated.

Thanks,
Vishal

Tammy MultiCharts

Re: Reading orders executed by portfolio trader

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 06 May 2022

Hello Vishal,

Please describe what exactly you are trying to achieve in as much detail as possible.

vishr

Postby vishr » 06 May 2022

Hello Vishal,

Please describe what exactly you are trying to achieve in as much detail as possible.
Hi Tammy,

My intention is to forward all the orders executed via a portfolio trader to an external system. So I was looking for a way to capture these events from MultiCharts e.g. reading log files, subscribing to events but I could not find any documentation around that. From a different angle I wanted to run a program which could connect to MultiCharts or related logs files, read these order execution events and process them.

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 06 May 2022

Vishal,

What you are describing is not possible in regular MultiCharts.
You can access Order and Position Tracker events in MultiCharts .NET only.

vishr

Postby vishr » 06 May 2022

Got it. Follow up questions:

1. Regarding license, do I need to buy a separate license for .net version, I have lifetime MultiCharts?
2. Could existing strategies in PowerLanguages be used in .net version or converted using some tool?

Thanks

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 09 May 2022

Hi,

1. You need a separate license for MultiCharts .NET. You can get an additional license for the .NET version or convert yuor existing lifetime license into .NET. Please contact us at support@multicharts.com for more details.

2. MultiCharts .NET supports C# and Visual Basic .NET languages, PowerLanguage is not supported. There is no automatic conversion tool, so you will have to code your studies in C# or VB .NET in order to use them in MultiCharts .NET.

Return to “MultiCharts”