How to do multiple signals on the same contract?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
amberouserous

How to do multiple signals on the same contract?

Postby amberouserous » 13 Jul 2022

Right now, I have a single signal running on a single contract and it is working as intended.

part of the pseudo script is:

Code: Select all

if (StrategyInfo.MarketPosition == 0 && LongCondition == true) LongEntry.Send(); if (StrategyInfo.MarketPosition > 0) LookforExit();
Questions:
1. I wonder if this script will work if I have multiple signals on a single contract?

2. If I stop the signal on the weekend and resume and I have an open position, how do I resume the signal?

Thanks in advance.

amberouserous

Re: How to do multiple signals on the same contract?

Postby amberouserous » 14 Jul 2022

anyone got an answer?

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 15 Jul 2022

Hello amberouserous,

The signals applied to the same chart will work as a single strategy. It can be calculated on your chart in backtesting, forward testing or auto trading mode.

Your strategy only knows about the orders and positions it generated during one calculation session on a specific chart in a specific mode. If auto trading is enabled, it causes re-calculation.

The strategy will not be aware of orders and positions placed by other strategies on the same symbol or by the same strategy on another chart.

To start calculation and order generation with a required position, you can use the “Assign Initial Market Position to Strategy” option.

According to your setting in Format -> Strategy Properties -> Auto trading tab -> Assign Initial Market Position to Strategy section, the window prompting you to select the position to start with will appear when you enable auto trading.
Please note that this setting is separate for each strategy.
Find more info about it here.

And to see the keywords you use in your script in action and understand how they work, you could use Paper Trader or a SIM account if you have one.

amberouserous

Postby amberouserous » 29 Aug 2022

Thanks Kate.

I wonder if there are any way I can apply multiple signal to the same chart and treat them as separate strategy?

ie. i found that if I applied multiple signal on the same chart, they interfere each other.
I have to keep them separated into different charts. I have 100+ of them. it is working but tedious for me.

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 27 Mar 2023

In this context, I would wish for a future, like a "meta-sentimentor" like in the nanotrader software. Which you can download as a full demo at the bottom of the page: https://www.whselfinvest.de/

There, all signals are first sent to the meta sentimentor "indicator", which then makes the assessment of the strength of the trading signals and then sends the corresponding buy orders. For example, you would use the buy signals as a return type in the strategies, which send the signals to the higher-level meta-sentimentor. This would then also enable strategy creation via "drag and drop".
This video shows how it works, it should also be understandable with English subtitles.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4PmJ5Oo0Uo
I think drag and drop strategy creation would enhance the platform in general.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”