Loading Historical Data

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
clint454

Loading Historical Data

Postby clint454 » 15 Jul 2022

I connected to my IQFeed subscription through QuoteManager and then tried to load the 180 days of data that they offer, but only loads 7 days? I did load 180 days on 3 min chart on another platform so no issue on that end. See attached.
Attachments
data.JPG
(316.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Loading Historical Data

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 18 Jul 2022

Hello clint454,

If you have the “Build minute and daily bars based on tick data” box checked in the IQFeed data feed settings (QuoteManager -> Tools -> Data Sources -> IQFeed), please uncheck it and restart all the MultiCharts apps to apply the changes. If required, reload your chart after the restart.

With this option enabled you request only tick data from the IQFeed server and build all other resolution charts out of tick data. But IQFeed provides less tick data compared to minute or daily, so using this option will result in less bars on your charts.

ABC

Postby ABC » 18 Jul 2022

clint454,

IQFeed limits the tick to 7 days during US market hours (RTH). Before and after that time you should be able to access 180 days of tick data.

Regards,

ABC

clint454

Postby clint454 » 18 Jul 2022

I do need tick data, so will wait until after US market hours to load. Thanks!

ABC

Postby ABC » 19 Jul 2022

clint454,

seeing that you are charting the continuous backadjusted contract from IQFeed, there is one thing you might want to keep in mind. The adjustment is done on the server side and not within MC. Having said that, you would have to reload your data for those symbols after each rollover to update the data stored within MC.
Using either the individual contracts or non adjusted contracts might give you a longer history in the long run (you could even build your own backadjusted contracts within MC).

Regards,

ABC

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”