Determining if a Profit Target or Stop Loss is fill  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
altoncrooks

Determining if a Profit Target or Stop Loss is fill

Postby altoncrooks » 22 Jul 2022

Greetings
I would like to code a re-entry trade into my script when my stop loss is hit and closes a position but the instrument turns and moves back in the direction of my original logic. I only want to re-enter if my stop loss is hit not my profit target. I see that the Order Name comes our as either Profit target or stop loss when my position is closed.

Is there a way to allow my script to read the Orders and determine if a stop loss closed my position?

I found a function called PosTradeExitName that requires the Trade Number to give you the Exit Name. I think if I could get the Trade Number It would be easy to determine if the exit order was a Stop Loss. As I am typing this I am realizing that there could be multiple Trade Numbers required to exit a position. So, If anyone knows what I would put in as Trade Numbers to indicate the orders closing the last position I would appreciate it.

https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... deExitName

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Determining if a Profit Target or Stop Loss is fill

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 29 Jul 2022

Hi altoncrooks,

Here is an example of the script that prints names of orders which closed the positions.

Code: Select all

var: NameOfExit(""), MrkPos(0); MrkPos = marketposition; if (marketposition = 0) and (MrkPos[1] <> 0) then begin if (maxpositionsago > 1) then begin NameOfExit = PosTradeExitName(1,PosTradeCount(1)-1); print("Bar = ", currentbar+MaxBarsBack:0:0, " ", NameOfExit); end; end;

altoncrooks

Re: Determining if a Profit Target or Stop Loss is fill  [SOLVED]

Postby altoncrooks » 29 Jul 2022

Thank you so much Svetlana. Have a great weekend!

Return to “MultiCharts”