Crashes again and again during optimizations

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
JoshD

Crashes again and again during optimizations

Postby JoshD » 17 Aug 2022

I always have big optimizations with which I want to find the best combinations of different chart patterns for my strategys. The optimizations are about 1000-8000 tests large. Since a while Multicharts crashes more and more often. This was not the case before. I could even run 3-6 applications at the same time before so I could run multiple optimizations in parallel and it rarely crashed at that time. Since a while it comes extremely often to crashes and I also leave only one application open, nevertheless more and more crashes.

I had already asked here a while ago whether one could not make several optimizations that are then processed one after the other as with TS. Nothing has happened at all yet. I hardly ever had crashes with TS.

Really sad that you pay several 1000$ for a supposedly more performant and stable software, but in the end you have to realize that you would rather have stayed with TS. With TS I would be much faster, because 1. you can do many optimizations at once which are then processed one after the other and 2. there are much less crashes. I am really very dissatisfied with the optimization with Multicharts!

I have sent in many crash reports but never received a reply. I would have also liked to upload a crash report here, but it seems to be too big

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Crashes again and again during optimizations

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 17 Aug 2022

Hello JoshD,

When the behavior is reproduced, please send us the report as described below so we could investigate what caused it. It is important to collect it at the moment when the issue is reproduced, before MultiCharts is restarted.

Here is how to do that:
Please send us logs and dumps using the Feedback application. You can access it through Windows Start Menu -> MultiCharts folder -> Feedback. In the Feedback window please select:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach log files…;
Attach minidump for crash analysis;
Snapshot of the current MC setup;
Open workspaces…;
Active signals...; (if possible)
Upload collected data to Help Desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.

Return to “MultiCharts”