Rithmic Demo

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rondawes

Rithmic Demo

Postby rondawes » 29 Aug 2022

I use MultiCharts (not .NET version) with CQG from AMP

I'm considering switchng from CQG to Rithmic and wanted to try Rithmic before I switch over at my broker.

I’ve gotten a demo account of Rithmic data directly from Rithmic. It’s works fine when I attach to NT (free version).

Since it’s a demo, it uses Rithmic paper trading servers only.

In the MultiCharts Quote Manager window for data sources, there is a dropdown for Rithmic Paper trading which I select and input my login credentials. But in the Broker Profiles window there is no selection available for Rithmic Paper Trading, only the live Rithmic 01 or other live servers. Therefore, when I try to connect, it fails as my credentials are not valid for live Rithmic servers.

Any wisdom on this? How to get the Rithmic paper trader selection into the Broker Profiles server selection dropdown?

Thanks,
Ron Dawes

rondawes

Re: Rithmic Demo

Postby rondawes » 29 Aug 2022

BTW, I also tried connecting thru Rithmic's R Trader Pro and have the same problem. Broker Profiles does not have a Rithmic Paper Trader selection in the dropdown for server selection.

Polly MultiCharts

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 30 Aug 2022

Hi Ron,

You can connect Rithmic Paper Trading broker profile in File->Broker Profiles->Manage Broker Profiles->New->Rithmic Paper Trading.
For more info please refer to this page.
Rithmic Paper Trading.png
(52.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet

rondawes

Postby rondawes » 30 Aug 2022

Ahhh, easy when you know how! Thanks

Polly MultiCharts

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 31 Aug 2022

Happy to help! If you have any other difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Have a good day!

Return to “MultiCharts”