Backfilling using TS Data delayed

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Kel

Backfilling using TS Data delayed

Postby Kel » 05 Sep 2022

I just installed MC and TS 10.0 on a new pc. When I develop systems i like to have 15 to 20 years of ES continuous data. The MC chart with this data I want never completes backfilling - when I look at TS they provide me with a download scheduler with some but not all of my data requested postponed till late the next day - even though this is a weekend.

So my data never gets downloaded - I am using TS 10.0 - I think i was using TS 9.5 on my older pc. Maybe they don't have restrictions on TS 9.5 as I never had issues.

What are others doing to get research data for system development when using TS data. - Maybe I am doing something wrong too?

Thanks in advance.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Backfilling using TS Data delayed

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 08 Sep 2022

Hello Kel,

If TS queues up data requests, you can right-click them -> Schedule ASAP in TS Download Scheduler (in TS go View -> Messages -> Launch Download Scheduler).

Kel

Postby Kel » 09 Oct 2022

Thank you - so I am downloading 15 -20 years of data yet in the TS download scheduler I have to right click "Schedule ASAP" for 30 days at a time or I can highlight several months at a time and schedule ASAP - it seems like there might be a better way to download years of data - is there an easier/faster way of doing this?

I remember when muilticharts was loaded on my windows 7 machine with TS 9.5 i was able to do this much faster - I think a yellow PD came up on the multicharts window and I could click and somehow it would interact with TS so they would schedule the data right away on weekends at least. But perhaps I don't remember this correctly.

Polly MultiCharts

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 13 Oct 2022

Kel,

The option ‘Schedule ASAP’ is available only in TS and can be used when TS queues up data requests.
If you want to schedule an automated downloading of historical data from the data provider, you might want to try Historical Data Download Scheduler. For more info please refer to this page.

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 20 Oct 2022

look up me and others have complained about this problem for years now - mark

Return to “MultiCharts”