Possible bug in optimization window after Windows 11 update

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
JoshD

Possible bug in optimization window after Windows 11 update

Postby JoshD » 05 Dec 2022

Good day

I have a big optimization process. That's why I open the Multi Charts application 6 times and set 6 optimizations from once to not have to go to the PC so often to set new optimizations.

After a Windows 11 update (I suspect that it is because on my Windows 10 computer everything runs as usual) the windows of the optimization process no longer update properly. I often don't see how far the optimization has progressed. Also, sometimes the optimization window stays open even though the optimization is done. I can see in the task manager how high the load of Multicharts is. If it is finished, it is of course lower. However, when I cancel the optimization, all optimizations are present.

I have already asked here in February whether it would be possible to perform the optimizations as with TS. So that one can open many Workspaces, for each Workspace an optimization can put on and these are successively worked off. Is there already news about this? I think there are some users who have a large optimization process and such a feature would help them. If there would be this feature I would not have to have Multicharts always 6 times open to be able to optimize at the same time. When I have 6 applications open my PC is very slow because it does everything at once instead of one after the other like TS. With TS, I could do 40 or more optimizations without any problems, and they would be done one after the other. For example, while I sleep or work. That was a lot more comfortable.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Possible bug in optimization window after Windows 11 update

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 05 Dec 2022

Hello JoshD,

When the behaviour is reproduced, please send us a report via the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback.
Please select the options:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach log files…;
Snapshot of the current MC setup;
Upload collected data to Help Desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.
It’d be also helpful if you could send a video demonstrating it to our support email.

As for your feature request, there’s no news on it at the moment.

Return to “MultiCharts”