Easylanguage and ChatGPT

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Tibouss

Easylanguage and ChatGPT

Postby Tibouss » 11 Dec 2022

Hello everybody,

I recently heard that the new chat bot from OpenAI called ChatGPT was able to generate Python or Java script code.

Does anyone tried to ask ChatGPT if it was able to generate Easylanguage code?

Actually this AI is trained with pieces of code from GitHub and there are some Easylanguage code in GitHub, so maybe it can help with Easylanguage codes edition or debugging.

Idangy

Re: Easylanguage and ChatGPT

Postby Idangy » 11 Dec 2022

It did!
tried to ask about PMMS he gave me a code example that looked good but didnt actually worked :)

pthegr8

Re: Easylanguage and ChatGPT

Postby pthegr8 » 23 Apr 2023

I've been playing around with chatgpt v4
ME
can you learn from this? it is the official multicharts.net manual, and includes a programming manual : https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... harts_.NET

As an AI language model, I cannot actively learn or update my knowledge from new sources. My training data is based on the information available up to September 2021, and I cannot access new resources or browse the internet.

However, I can try to help you with any questions or issues you have related to MultiCharts .NET programming based on my existing knowledge. If you have any specific questions or need assistance with a particular task, please feel free to ask, and I will do my best to provide guidance.

ME
if i give you sample code of working error-free multicharts.net indicators, will that update your knowledge, or will you refer back to your training data, and always base your answers on that ?

Although I cannot actively update my knowledge, if you provide sample code of working, error-free MultiCharts .NET indicators, I can use that information to help you with your specific problem. However, my understanding and ability to answer questions will still be limited by the knowledge I gained during my training.

Please feel free to share the sample code, and I'll do my best to help you with your issue based on that information.
so there you have it. It hasn't been trained properly.
I have had some limited success by posting code with my request of working indicators that have snippets of tasks that it uses to achieve what I want. but it's like teaching someone how to code. I might as well use the time to improve on my coding abilities instead. and it will only use that data during your current chat interaction. start a new chat, and it is back to just the info it has when it was trained, which is inaccurate.

as a test I had it create a strategy on a moving average. I had to post code of a working moving average indicator, as well as code to place the trades.
took me a couple of hours going back and forth before it finally had a working code. then started a new chat with a new request, and it hasn't learned anything from the previous chat, so start all over. Not worth the time, unless it gets re-trained with proper info. I think there is a way to create your own AI model, so you could actually teach it. but I don't have the knowledge on how to do that.

Return to “MultiCharts”