Data loading issue?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
LRP

Data loading issue?

Postby LRP » 15 Dec 2022

Dear Support and Community

Does anyone have any idea why MC (current version) is not loading all requested data from TS (current version)?

Example:
@NQ (60Min) MC only loads data from TS up to 02.01.2007, but not further back, even though TS itself can also display older data.
To stop the endless "backfill" status at MC, the data at MC (e.g. from 01.01.2007 or older) must be reset to 02.01.2007, which seems to be the oldest date for MC.

Thanks a lot for your help and solution.

Kind regards,
LRP

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Data loading issue?

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 15 Dec 2022

Hi LRP,

Most likely, TS queues up the data requests.
When you see "Backfilling", please check the TS Download Scheduler (in TS go View -> Messages -> Launch Download Scheduler). If you see data requests there, right-click them -> Schedule ASAP.

LRP

Postby LRP » 16 Dec 2022

Hi LRP,

Most likely, TS queues up the data requests.
When you see "Backfilling", please check the TS Download Scheduler (in TS go View -> Messages -> Launch Download Scheduler). If you see data requests there, right-click them -> Schedule ASAP.
I have experienced that this way only 1 day of intraday data is requested per symbol.
It is very tedious to right-chlick each day for serveral years. Is there a solution to collect all by MC requested data at once per symbol instead of waiting endlessly until the "off peak" hours?
The reason I ask is that when I open a chart at TS, TS itself asks if ALL data should be retrieved later on or asap.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 19 Dec 2022

LRP,

MultiCharts requests data from the TS cache. So, to speed up the process, you could try loading the full chart with 24/7 sessions in TS first, then the chart you need in MultiCharts.

Jupp25

Postby Jupp25 » 20 Dec 2022

@Kate:
As of now (if I got it correct) all symbols are defined via whatever Dictionary/Exchange/ECN settings and some dont download all 24/7 data by standard.
I changed all standard sessions so I would not miss data of symbols I dont regulary chart.
wouldnt it be more helpfull if MC made shure that all data will be downloaded (download hist.-data) as standard and have charting sessions seperate?

Chris

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 30 Dec 2022

what puzzles me is why mc database won't save previously loaded data - instead it pulls all the data each time.

Jupp25

Postby Jupp25 » 10 Jan 2023

@Mark Brown:
what makes you think MC downloads data each time?

chris

Return to “MultiCharts”