Extend series? Adjust time series

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
HellGhostEvocatorX

Extend series? Adjust time series

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 25 Dec 2022

https://de.investing.com/analysis/saiso ... -200474583

Hello, I would like to develop a seasonality indicator/strategy.

But for this I want to be able to superimpose the different years, for example, like in the link posted here, I need e.g. all dates. This means that if I now load a symbol that is only traded for 5 days, I am missing a bar on February 16/17, 2020, for example.
Next year, however, trading took place on the 16th and 17th, but I won't be able to superimpose the dates exactly...
Seasonals.png
(44.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
For example, if I use a 7-day week as the main data series and a symbol with a 5-day week as the 2nd data series, all dates are displayed on the x-axis. And the non-existent bars simply left out as "empty space". That's what I need too. However, on the main data series without having to load a second symbol.

Is there a way to manipulate the data via code? So intercept the data series and change it before creating it. (I suspect not, as these are plotted immediately when I select a symbol).

Alternatively, is there an option to simply delete and recreate the bars of the main data series? So to insert quasi-empty "dummy" data at the appropriate places in the chart in the code as soon as a day was not actually traded?

Is there a function for this in multicharts?

I had found a post in the forum about creating your own bars, which you can create using tools in the quote manager. Could that be the right way?

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Extend series? Adjust time series

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 28 Dec 2022

Hello HellGhostEvocatorX,

In MultiCharts there are no pre-built options to manage the data via code. But you can edit data for a specific symbol in QuoteManager->right click the necessary symbol->Edit data. For more info about editing data please refer to this Wiki article.
Also please note that you will need to check the ‘Show data on holidays’ option in File->New->QuoteManager->Tools->Holidays for your goal. Please find the screenshot attached for reference.
Show data on holidays.png
(72.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Please note that we always recommend testing solutions on a demo account or Paper Trader first.

HellGhostEvocatorX

Re: Extend series? Adjust time series

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 29 Dec 2022

Thanks Polly for the reply, then willy-nilly I'll have to create a "dummy" icon with the time setting 24/7 and fill it with every "minute" since 2000 and a permanent price of 0.
Then I will use the second data series as the actual main data series, I think that should work. It's a pity that you can't influence the "series formation".
If anyone has any other ideas, please bring them along

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”