Saving Modified Signals Confusion

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Kel

Saving Modified Signals Confusion

Postby Kel » 29 Dec 2022

I have a signal I have written that I modified for development. I simply added a new input parameter plus some logic to limit daily trades (If I get stopped out etc...)

I started by modifying the original signal saving it with the original name i.e. "B Levels Simple" - I then decided to save it with a different name i.e "B Levels Simple Trades per Day Limit"

I then backed out the changes from "B Levels Simple" script and saved that.

Now when I look for the signal "B Levels Simple" - it shows up in the signal directory but with the new input parameter (which I removed) i.e. the script no longer has any of that logic.

Also at first i could see "B Levels Simple Trades per Day Limit" signal in the signals directory but after exiting MC and restarting it is no longer visible - that seems weird.

Looking around I did find the two files saved in as easy language strategies folder
C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts64\StudyServer\Studies\SrcEl\Strategies

sa_Ba20Levelsa20Simple.el
sc_Bc20Levelsc20Simplec20Tradesc20Perc20Dayc20Limit.el

SOLN: talked to Live Support

Turns out the issue was that I was opening MC Power Lang editor without admin rights - when I opened it from with MC which I started with admin rights the issue went away.
Last edited by Kel on 30 Dec 2022, edited 3 times in total.

TJ

Re: Saving Modified Signals Confustion

Postby TJ » 29 Dec 2022

You should use LiveChat to let techsupport look at your computer and see if any setting is amiss.

Return to “MultiCharts”